2 questions

kronborg
kronborg
02/13/2004 11:42 am
Volume pedal - Is this important to my setup? When do you use it or do you not at all?

Footswitch - If I just buy a standart Marschall, will it fit to most amps?

Cheers ;)
I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every panda that didn't want to screw to save it's species..
# 1
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
02/13/2004 11:47 am
I dont use a volume pedal. You might need one for your guitar solos, if you want them louder than the rythmn part. But an amp with more than one channel can be set up for a loud solo and quieter verse if you see what I mean.

All Marshall heads and AVTS have footswitchs for changing channels.
# 2
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
02/13/2004 2:06 pm
Volume pedals are for swells. They can give you that sort of orchestral string feel to your playing, great for sad ballads. Play a note with the volume pedal down then gradually increase the volume, that's a swell. Metallica used it on 'to live or to die', a tribute to cliff.
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.
# 3
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
02/13/2004 5:21 pm
My boss me-50 has a volume pedal built into it, much like every other multi effect pedal. You can use it for anything you want, only thing you can't use it for is the things your creativity won't reach to. I'd assume that one footswitch would work just the same as another, if the amp has a footswitch input then it'd work, if not, then you're out of luck. I don't have a footswitch myself (though I need one) but I'd assume one would work the same as another.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 4
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
02/13/2004 5:58 pm
The last band I was in the only place we could practice was a concrete basement. You can probably image what the acoustics can be like in a place like that, my volume pedal was definitely a necessity.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 5
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/13/2004 10:46 pm
Volume pedals can be good if your not using a lot of compression. If you need to instantly go from a distortion to a clean, and vice versa, but you don't want to change the volume to much (or blow something up) a volume pedal is a must.

The footswitch should work, as long as the switch and the amp are designed for the same number of channels.
There are only two important things in life - There's music and theres girls, not necessarily in that order....
The Ace's Guitar Tricks
# 6
finger_cruncher
finger_cruncher
02/15/2004 1:39 am
I have an Ernie Ball volume pedal that I use with my rig all the time. It is absolutely necessary that your volume pedal is the last pedal before your amp. If you put it in any other order, you will experience a loud buzz/hum (especially if you have a wah-wah in your rig). This is based on my experience.
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.