Sound Problems

MaxM411
MaxM411
02/02/2004 7:48 am
Wassup all? I am Recording InDirectly into my Computer (P4 1.9Ghz w/Generic on board Sound Card)I am using my guitar hooked up to my Vamp2 hooked up to my amp at one end and the Computer at the other. I use N-Track for recording....the thing is that wen i Play a riff or solo or n e thing really If I like the sound of it thru my amp, wen i record it and listen to the play back the sound is not as good as listening to it off just my amp... I know that the sound card is ****...but is there n e way i could get a better, richer sound? For example if i am using a pre set with a lot of ambience in it with the chorus effect on and a bit of reverb, it has a Full rich sound that sounds great...but recording it almost dulls down the sound a notch..its like going frum one level to a lower level...I know that live is always better/different frum recorded, and i kno that a new soundcard would help...but does n e one have n e suggestions of how to improve my recorded sound? either through a different recording software or by adjusting the tone in the program/on the Vamp and my amp itself? I am using a Fender Frontman Amp and an Epiphone Les Paul Remake as well as a Jackson JS30 Dinky guitar...any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated...please let me know any suggestions soon as possible!! Thank you:D..also if anyone has n e suggestions abou Mastering cds/ or even knows sum links to sum good tutorials for mastering i would appreciate that a lot as well!!:D well thanks in advance!
"Better to Reign in Hell, than to Serve in Heaven."
# 1
I Suffer
I Suffer
02/02/2004 2:52 pm
I dont know much about computers, and even less when it comes to recording into the comp.

Bear in mind you probably need an audio interface, your computers sound card can do it but quality is not great and the noise floor is lousy, try looking on ebay for a seasound unit the company is not in business any more but you'll get a high quality recording unit and a limited Cubase is thrown in too, or try a Lexicon core2 I think that comes with Cool Edit Pro. The sound problems your having can have alot to do with that.

also, mess with the mid's, hi's, and lows on the program itself. Cause im pretty sure, that the singal is distorted when going into the comp due to many elements.

If im not mistaken there's also a free 8 track version of "Pro Tools" available from http://www.digidesign.com , if your interested. It does require a fairly industrious machine to run properly.

*Nuendo is another good computer program.*

# 2
MaxM411
MaxM411
02/02/2004 3:27 pm
sounds cool man ill chek into that stuff thanx...hopefully it will clean up m asound a lil bit...ill try and see what i can get dun..if n e one has anyother helpful suggestions i would appreciate it...thanx again man
"Better to Reign in Hell, than to Serve in Heaven."
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.