View post (Sound Problems)

View thread

MaxM411
MaxM411
02/02/2004 7:48 am
Wassup all? I am Recording InDirectly into my Computer (P4 1.9Ghz w/Generic on board Sound Card)I am using my guitar hooked up to my Vamp2 hooked up to my amp at one end and the Computer at the other. I use N-Track for recording....the thing is that wen i Play a riff or solo or n e thing really If I like the sound of it thru my amp, wen i record it and listen to the play back the sound is not as good as listening to it off just my amp... I know that the sound card is ****...but is there n e way i could get a better, richer sound? For example if i am using a pre set with a lot of ambience in it with the chorus effect on and a bit of reverb, it has a Full rich sound that sounds great...but recording it almost dulls down the sound a notch..its like going frum one level to a lower level...I know that live is always better/different frum recorded, and i kno that a new soundcard would help...but does n e one have n e suggestions of how to improve my recorded sound? either through a different recording software or by adjusting the tone in the program/on the Vamp and my amp itself? I am using a Fender Frontman Amp and an Epiphone Les Paul Remake as well as a Jackson JS30 Dinky guitar...any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated...please let me know any suggestions soon as possible!! Thank you:D..also if anyone has n e suggestions abou Mastering cds/ or even knows sum links to sum good tutorials for mastering i would appreciate that a lot as well!!:D well thanks in advance!
"Better to Reign in Hell, than to Serve in Heaven."