To you Americans

Jimmi431
Jimmi431
02/01/2004 10:55 am
just wondering are your high schools colleges or wot ever you call them actually like the portrayl of them in films an tv programs. like really segregated with jocks in one corner and goths in another. iv never been able to figure this out cos iv always thought films an stuff could just be over emphasing the diferences to get laughs etc. an also do you have the "school bully" like in the simpsons? an in history do you learn about robinson cruso? sorry if this is wrong but i heard stories about that and it seems quite strange specially considerin he was a fictional character.
The sun is shining the weather is sweet
# 1
Seve420
Seve420
02/01/2004 11:09 am
Where are you from? And how old are you?
Latest News: Bird and bee have sex with disastrous results
# 2
Jimmi431
Jimmi431
02/01/2004 1:38 pm
hmmm strabge but okay 17 england
The sun is shining the weather is sweet
# 3
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
02/01/2004 1:59 pm
Hmm I guess US schools are probably just as segregated socially as our UK ones! We have Skaters, goths n "normal" groups!
# 4
I Suffer
I Suffer
02/01/2004 3:04 pm
lol, your pretty much right.
Americans schools have groups of people that only talk to each other ,usually. You will have the preps/jocks, outsiders- ranging from people who do well in school or ones who dont like to socialize. Goths/rebellious people.And then everyone else who didnt stay in one group, theres people were know as " sell outs" or " losers", i fell under that. I was way to bored all the time to only talk to one group of people. I literally talked/hung around with everyone, and then usually the preps woul tell me i shouldnt hang around with them, cause it made me look bad. Its so retarted. Im not saying every school is like this, but everyone i've been in, or other people ive known, has been
# 5
I Suffer
I Suffer
02/02/2004 3:24 pm
Originally posted by Jimmi431
just wondering are your high schools colleges or wot ever you call them actually like the portrayl of them in films an tv programs. like really segregated with jocks in one corner and goths in another. iv never been able to figure this out cos iv always thought films an stuff could just be over emphasing the diferences to get laughs etc. an also do you have the "school bully" like in the simpsons? an in history do you learn about robinson cruso? sorry if this is wrong but i heard stories about that and it seems quite strange specially considerin he was a fictional character.

Lol, our teachers dont like to teach much. I'm not talking about all americans teachers, but everyone i had. I only learned what was in the book. I did see a movie in english about cruso.

But in school they would make us read chapthers, and then do a worksheet on it, not much teacher student interaction. And even if you got good grades, if you werent a rich kid, you didnt get the scolarrships. In 9th grade i already heard the teachers and board talking about who was going to be reciveing them for my grad year.

Among the teachers physcially hitting you, or telling you you'll be worth nothing, and your peers making fun of you cause you arent wearing " FUBU", school is just a sucky place. Alot of peoples will gets broken there.
# 6
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
02/02/2004 6:32 pm
Once you get to college, there's no longer clique's of people. For one, there's too many people (unless you go to a small college, which I definately DON'T recommend doing). Most importantly the assholes from high school don't really make it into college, and if they do, their impact isn't felt.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 7
I Suffer
I Suffer
02/02/2004 8:01 pm
Alot of people can only afford small coummnity colleges. I used to live In east Haven connectict. And the colleges there sucked. Crime everywhere, but thats the only place my cousins could afford.
# 8
dinell2
dinell2
02/02/2004 9:09 pm
I went to community college and I never really noticed any clicks. I went to several different campuses and it was same at all. Alot of the people going to community colleges really don't have time to hang-out. We have to work for a living and go to school. High school of course is much different. You have your Jocks, Heads, Skeetchers, Hardcore punks / goths, etc.
http://groups.msn.com/GuitarPage
# 9
I Suffer
I Suffer
02/02/2004 10:26 pm
I think cruso is based on a real guy, he was dutch i think Alexander something. He didnt have a dude named Friday or anything. But he sailed and was a hunter and all that.

I don't know why they just dont say the real guys name that its based on.
# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.