View post (old people)

View thread

I Suffer
I Suffer
02/01/2004 9:24 pm
Originally posted by iamthe_eggman
Originally posted by I Suffer
Just because a person is old, doesnt mean im going to give them the up most respect, it has to be earned, its not a given.

Now if someone gives me respect i have no problem giving it back.

Now, what have you done to earn their respect? I'm not trying to be combative here, just pointing out the fact that a lot of kids these days demand respect, but are stingy in giving it out to those who, in reality, have earned it.

When these people were young, sure, they liked to have a good time, but you can also be darned sure that they gave their elders plenty of respect. And if they didn't, you can be sure that they learned their lesson, either from those elders or their parents.

What's changed isn't the way old people interact in society today, but, rather, the way young people treat and view old people. Older people should be valued, respected, cherished. They have much to offer and plenty of experience.

Like Mark Twain said, youth is wasted on the young!

lol, if they tell me to " get the hell out of there way" or hit me with their shopping cart cause i happen to be in their space...no..im not going to all that nice to them. If they ask like a mature human being they all want to be seen as, then yes, i'll kindly move. So are you saying that i should just take it, move like the nice youngin', and dont take notice to them being rude?

Everyone should be respected, and cherished.

What i was saying, i dont care how how old you are, if you act like a jackass i'll treat you the same as i would anyone else. Your age doesnt mean you have more right, or that i wont speak my mind to you.