Guitar Tricks CD-swapping Project

Death55
Death55
01/28/2004 9:17 am
I havnt got anything to trade at the moment because i havnt got round to recording an album yet. Hopefully if i can get a band together i should be able to swap. It sounds like a good idea though !
By virtue of their electrical properties, tubes generate a special waveform when they're saturated, which is why tube engineering has tremendous tonal advantages over solid state or DSP solutions, particularly for crunch and lead sounds. Tubes enter the saturation zone gradually or softly, which lends tube-driven tone its trademark yet totally unique character.
# 1
moody_fa_loonie
moody_fa_loonie
01/28/2004 5:21 pm
Im definitely interested. But its too soon for me, can get things goin by mid february
# 2
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/28/2004 6:05 pm
Why not just post an MP3 up on songramp or nowhereradio.com?
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 3
Digit
Digit
01/28/2004 7:57 pm
Good idea except that with today's technology, not too many people are still going to want to use the mail if it isn't going to give them some kind of return other than just 'some other guy' hearing your music.
It's easier to design a web page with a biography and press package. Then add some lo-fi and hi-fi MP3's with examples of your best work. Those who want to have an actual CD can contact you and make arrangements through your web page for a promotional copy or they can choose to buy your CD or files right off your site.
Trading a CD by mail only gets your music out to a very few people. Having a website can get you thousands of hits a week from around the world if you promote it right.
# 4
finger_cruncher
finger_cruncher
01/28/2004 9:11 pm
Originally posted by Dr_simon
Why not just post an MP3 up on songramp or nowhereradio.com?

Because then you don't get the full album with the cover art, custom cd, custom stickers, and all the little things like that. For that matter, I've already got my material hosted on various musician websites. I want to have all my bases covered. :) The more people who hear, the better.

Originally posted by Digit
It's easier to design a web page with a biography and press package. Then add some lo-fi and hi-fi MP3's with examples of your best work. Those who want to have an actual CD can contact you and make arrangements through your web page for a promotional copy or they can choose to buy your CD or files right off your site.
Trading a CD by mail only gets your music out to a very few people. Having a website can get you thousands of hits a week from around the world if you promote it right.

Digit, I disagree with you. First of all, I already have a personal website and my material is also available on other public websites too. So I've got that angle covered. The problem is, there's so many websites these days, people have a hard time discovering indie artists. If you're not listed in every single search engine, your chances of getting 'thousands' of hits is a delusional statement. Granted, trading CDs by mail may not be the most economic idea, but there's definitely something more personal about receiving a package through the mail than communicating via email. Moreover, I suggested this idea for a site like Guitartricks because it's the right demographic for guitar lovers.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.