View post (Where is your limit?)

View thread

Death55
Death55
01/19/2004 8:24 pm
Leedogg, that was a cool story. I love hearing people's stories about when they were drunk. Always makes me laugh.

I have a friend that used to have loads of parties and we use to sleep out in his garden because he had a massive house and his garden was really long and his parents couldnt see what we were up to down the bottom of garden. Anyway, we thought it would be fun to go and sit in the green house. We sat down and i managed to cause this slab of concrete that was holding all these stones together to collapse. I got really worried that his parents were going to ban me and be really pissed off with me. We luckily manage to fix the problem after a while. After this we sneaked inside to get some wiskey and some other spirits that we werent actually allowed. Some idiot lobbed a mars bar at me and i dropped my beer and it went all of the carpet. Again we managed to clean the mess and get back out the house without his parents waking up. Feeling quite excited now we decided to put so music on at the bottom of the garden and have a bit of a mosh. My one friend jumped of the bench and tried a bit of crowd surfing. While everyone carried on i jumped up on the bench and tryed jumping off when i realized it had just snapped the bench in half. It was snapped right in the middle. This was no normal bench though. It was a wedding present. It had my friends parents names ingraved into it. Now i was really sh*tt*ing myself. His mum always went down and sat on the bench to smoke. I never heard anything about this again. I dont even know if his parents know it was me.

By virtue of their electrical properties, tubes generate a special waveform when they're saturated, which is why tube engineering has tremendous tonal advantages over solid state or DSP solutions, particularly for crunch and lead sounds. Tubes enter the saturation zone gradually or softly, which lends tube-driven tone its trademark yet totally unique character.