The Jangstang - your oppinions?!

kronborg
kronborg
01/18/2004 12:14 pm
http://www.fender.com/products/show.php?partno=0254200

What do you think of it? Is it worth the money?

Thanks! :)
I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every panda that didn't want to screw to save it's species..
# 1
Death55
Death55
01/18/2004 4:32 pm
I cant find where it says its price. Anyway, its always best to test it first if you can. You might find its crap when you get it. I know this person who bought a £1500 guitar and this guitar teacher played it and looked at it and said it is only worth about £500. What kind of stuff do you want it for anyway ?

By virtue of their electrical properties, tubes generate a special waveform when they're saturated, which is why tube engineering has tremendous tonal advantages over solid state or DSP solutions, particularly for crunch and lead sounds. Tubes enter the saturation zone gradually or softly, which lends tube-driven tone its trademark yet totally unique character.
# 2
TheWizard
TheWizard
01/18/2004 6:10 pm
this is the guitar that Kurt Cobain designed

the tone is really close to the jagmaster which i would recommend over the jagstang

and the jagstang is really unconfortable to sit down and play with because of its retarded shape
Alas Gandalf lives, Middle Earth is again safe...
# 3
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
01/19/2004 2:18 am
Get a Cyclone instead. They're cheaper, feel great and stay in tune MUCH better. Put a better set of pickups in it and the Cyclone KILLS the Jagstang.

The thing with the Jagstang is that it wasn't what Cobain wanted - he had adimantly demanded a Tune-O-Matic type bridge because the Mustang vibrato is very unstable. Fender wouldn't go along with it, so Kurt barely ever played the prototype they sent him because he hated it.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.