View post (What do you think of black/death metal?)

View thread

concrete chaos
concrete chaos
01/20/2004 12:40 pm
man i listen to some black metal and not a lot of that...i like to select a good musical band not a picture

anyway i hear complicated solos all the time...maybe thats due to my lack of soloin, but still listen to hellhammer on drums and tell me who else can beat that...listen to bands like arcturus and ulver who have dont wonders with melody i think black and death meatl are both very complicated styles and very technical. bathory is technical whereas venom are more fun.
vocals yea theyre raspy a hard technique, just try to go on sining like that for a while without having to stop for some water. its not about image besides black and death meatl emerged from the depths not on tv..now it may be considered cool cus everyone thinks its about image..like nu metal for instance but these bands were unpopular cept amongst themselves at first. besides its not about writing some stuff that sounds good and evil..hehehe thats what eveyrone else on this planet creating music is on about.

like evry genre it has its bad bands..but it excels where other dont in speed/ tempo.....and drones and ambience. like other musical styles deliver frenzy best - jazz.

anyway
'i dont have low self esteem, it's a mistake. I have low esteem for everyone else' - Daria