View post (Ear Training Program)

View thread

noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
01/17/2004 5:50 pm
The best program I believe for everything you seem to be looking for and more is called EarMaster Pro. You can actually plug your guitar into the mic input and it will give you a rhythm and then rate you on how well you played it. It also starts with easy rhythms and then works up 50 some levels until you are a master. Awesome program which contains alot more than just that: melodic dictation, interval identification, and more. One draw back is it does cost alittle dough, I don't believe it's much but either way it's well worth it. A good free online program to develop absolute pitch is http://www.prolobe.com. A nice software to download is a program called "eartune", I don't know the address but if you search google it should be easy to find. This program is free to use, and actually uses guitar (clean, light dist., heavy dist., even bass) wav. files instead of midi.

Actually U10ajf, that won't get you perfect pitch alone. The problem is that when you hear a note in the physical world, your vocal chords don't feel any kind of sensation. The trick is to get that sensation in your ear rather than vocal chords. Then the ear will start to learn, just like when you were a child you learned the colors with your eyes.
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.