Friendly people here?

w8ing_4nite
w8ing_4nite
01/08/2004 11:25 pm
Ok, well I guess Im just going to introduce myself. Ive been downloading scales and trying to decipher some of the tricks and some has been very very helpful ;-) Ive been learning basically on my own by memorizing chords..scales..how to bring variations ect. Slowly Im starting to be able to play what I hear in my head without sounding like a kid pretending to play a toy guitar. I dont know if anyone really reads these..but I hope so as Im sure to have many questions in the future. Has anyone else realized that its HARD to sing and play at the same time?? lol I get so proud I can play a song all the way though..then when i try to sing..yikes. I think Im doomed to dub over my playing and never play live. Well..take care hope I hear from someone - Tara
BTW - I play acoustic ..got a 23 year old Fender f-35 which even though it was a low cost model in its day..it looks and plays sweet. I also have an Alvarez Jumbo body cutaway which seems to sound better when Im attempting country music. Any good suggestions on a good acoustic blues/country guitar? Thanks.

[Edited by w8ing_4nite on 01-08-2004 at 05:48 PM]
# 1

01/09/2004 1:03 am

Hi tara,

you'll find cool people in here I'm sure :)

For accoustic you might want to check my section for some basic fingerpicking exercises or Nathan's and Azrael section if you're a more advanced guitarist. These section might give you some usefull tricks.

For some cool country (not my style but...) check out Terry Couch's section.

Naturally there's tons of great tricks from GT members that you choose from.

Feel free to ask questions, you'll get anwsers most of the time :) sometimes some questions get lost in the pack but I guess it's the same for every forum out there.
# 2
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
01/09/2004 2:33 am
Wait a minute...Tara? We have a second chick on the website!!! Quick Iiholly! Come greet her!

Naw, just messin around. Anyhoo, welcome to the site. Yeah, it does rock (thanks Jon), and we're glad to have you here. It IS hard to sing and play at the same time, we've had about 3000 people ask how to do it. Practice with easy songs.

Anyhow, what else is there?....oh yeah, don't listen to Eggman, he's full of it and if he beats you to responding to someone, he'll bash you for no reason whatsoever, and then you'll have to take it upon yourself to get vengeance.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 3
w8ing_4nite
w8ing_4nite
01/09/2004 5:21 pm
well...thanks you two for taking the time to welcome me. I hope to hear from more as time goes by - Tara
# 4
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/09/2004 9:03 pm
Hey!
I've always liked the Alvarez and fenders for acoustic - but if you have the cash, go gibson.
Theres lots o tricks here on this site..... and don worry people will answer your questions and read your posts, if for nothing else they wanna find it out themselves.
Play until your fingers bleed then play some more
There are only two important things in life - There's music and theres girls, not necessarily in that order....
The Ace's Guitar Tricks
# 5
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
01/10/2004 4:32 am
Originally posted by Jolly McJollyson
Wait a minute...Tara? We have a second chick on the website!!! Quick Iiholly! Come greet her!

Naw, just messin around. Anyhoo, welcome to the site. Yeah, it does rock (thanks Jon), and we're glad to have you here. It IS hard to sing and play at the same time, we've had about 3000 people ask how to do it. Practice with easy songs.

Anyhow, what else is there?....oh yeah, don't listen to Eggman, he's full of it and if he beats you to responding to someone, he'll bash you for no reason whatsoever, and then you'll have to take it upon yourself to get vengeance.

I've now discovered how hard it is to type with eyes brimming with tears....

SD:msdogn'lfsdgfdg.... sniff... sorry...
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 6
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
01/10/2004 4:46 am
Watch out Jolly, Eggman aint no humpy dumpy. :bad joke: Ha.. By the way welcome Tara, I'm the GT resident a$$hole, I don't help no one, I make fun of everyone, but welcome to the site.

I'm joking of course.
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.
# 7
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
01/10/2004 5:00 am
NO! THERE ARE NO FRIENDLY PEOPLE HERE!! JUST EVIL, CANTANKEROUS (oooh... big word) ONES!!!

NOW GO AWAY OR I SHALL TAUNT YOU A SECOND TIME!!!

OK, just kidding. But you'd better be pretty good on guitar to earn your stay here, or else we'll be sure to kick you right out, no exceptions.

[/sarcasm]
# 8
the fool
the fool
01/10/2004 5:13 am
Are you guys serious??? iiholly was the only woman on the site? LOL. This calls for a big celebration! Hello Tara, welcome to the site. You've made history! I hope you enjoy your stay. You won't regret joining this site- there's a lot of nice and helpful people here... like me :)

And by the way, don't mind eggman's comments. He's just pretending to be mean you know. But deep inside that hard exterior shell is a child yearning to be loved.
"Lets see… well I play the guitar and when I'm not playing the guitar, I think about playing the guitar. My other favorite instrument, is the guitar and if I aspired to play any other instrument, it would be the guitar...

I can’t sing so I sing through my guitar. So when the sound guy says: “Your guitar is too loud!” I think: "Why does he never say that to the vocalist?"
# 9
the fool
the fool
01/10/2004 5:16 am
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by: noticing the mistake

Watch out Jolly, Eggman aint no humpy dumpy. :bad joke: Ha.. By the way welcome Tara, I'm the GT resident a$$hole, I don't help no one, I make fun of everyone, but welcome to the site.

I'm joking of course.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course you are. if you weren't joking and making fun of everyone, you wouldn't be doing your job- wait, did i just noticed a mistake? sowee...
"Lets see… well I play the guitar and when I'm not playing the guitar, I think about playing the guitar. My other favorite instrument, is the guitar and if I aspired to play any other instrument, it would be the guitar...

I can’t sing so I sing through my guitar. So when the sound guy says: “Your guitar is too loud!” I think: "Why does he never say that to the vocalist?"
# 10
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
01/10/2004 5:19 am
Originally posted by the fool

Of course you are. if you weren't joking and making fun of everyone, you wouldn't be doing your job- wait, did i just noticed a mistake? sowee...

You forgot a "T" there buddy. Just doing my job noticing the mistakes. :cool: You messed alittle on the grammar too, but I aint got no room to talk there...hahaha...I hated english class.

[Edited by noticingthemistake on 01-09-2004 at 11:21 PM]
# 11
the fool
the fool
01/10/2004 5:30 am
Quotes

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where did I forget the "T"? I know I should've made the "I" on my second sentence a capital and should've spelled "sowee" as "sorry" (but that's ok because being a literary author, i have an excuse for creativity).
Wait... did I just do your job?

Originally posted by Noticingthemistake
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
You messed alittle on the grammar too, but I aint got no room to talk there...hahaha...I hated english class.

I can tell :) hehehe

# 12
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
01/10/2004 5:47 am

Where did I forget the "T"? I know I should've made the "I" on my second sentence a capital and should've spelled "sowee" as "sorry" (but that's ok because being a literary author, i have an excuse for creativity).
Wait... did I just do your job?

Originally posted by Noticingthemistake
You messed alittle on the grammar too, but I aint got no room to talk there...hahaha...I hated english class.

I can tell :) hehehe

Ah... it's "soweet", not "sowee". That's where you missed the T. ;) And no, you didn't just do my job. Wrong forum, and wrong job. (I don't correct grammar). You missed another mistake though, "Did I just noticeD a mistake"??? When you make the mistake joke, it's good not make any mistakes yourself, especially when noticingthemistake is in the hizzouse!!! :D
# 13
jealousblues
jealousblues
01/10/2004 6:30 am
yeah, id like to say that this is a very friendly forum (unlike most ive seen). its also got a very nice layout
Have you noticed that the best songs always seem be the most simple take, the classic song, "batman"... I mean its just Batman and Na...
# 14
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
01/10/2004 11:57 am
Hey, welcome to the site. This forum is very well-moderated.

leedogg.brownie_points++;

Some nerd humor if anyone else here knows C++. Anyways, there is a veritable cornucopia of guitar knowledge in all forms to be found here on this site. Good luck mining it all out!

Oh, btw the_fool. It looks like when you quote people you type everything out. I just wanna let you know that there's a "quote" button underneath each post on a thread. Clicking on that button automatically sets up your reply with that person's post quoted. Play around with it, you'll get it.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 15
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
01/10/2004 2:27 pm
Are you guys serious??? iiholly was the only woman on the site? LOL. This calls for a big celebration! Hello Tara, welcome to the site. You've made history! I hope you enjoy your stay. You won't regret joining this site- there's a lot of nice and helpful people here... like me :)

No, I think we found a second girl already, just a few weeks ago, but you guys have probably now scared her off with your ogling and fawning.

And by the way, don't mind eggman's comments. He's just pretending to be mean you know. But deep inside that hard exterior shell is a child yearning to be loved.

Mommy?

[/sarcasm]
# 16
the fool
the fool
01/10/2004 3:36 pm
Quote:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by iamthe_eggman

No, I think we found a second girl already, just a few weeks ago, but you guys have probably now scared her off with your ogling and fawning.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, it is a RIOT- it's like 2 women to 120 plus men...

# 17
the fool
the fool
01/10/2004 3:37 pm
I mean... more than a thousand of us lol

# 18
the fool
the fool
01/10/2004 3:49 pm
Quote:

Original post by

Ah... it's "soweet", not "sowee". That's where you missed the T. And no, you didn't just do my job. Wrong forum, and wrong job. (I don't correct grammar). You missed another mistake though, "Did I just noticeD a mistake"??? When you make the mistake joke, it's good not make any mistakes yourself, especially when noticingthemistake is in the hizzouse!!!

If you don't correct grammar- why did you correct mine then? Now, you got me all confused! And I was going to pin point that you forgot to put "to" in your sentence "...it's good not make any mistakes!"

PS Nah. It's supposed to be "sorry" not "sweet". Although come to think of it, it is sweet... (note- sarcasm)

# 19
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
01/10/2004 4:20 pm
Yeah I agree with Ponyone, it is funny when a gurl comes to the forum and a group of dewds acts like this is some kind of monastary.

There were a few moderators who did check grammar, I can't remember who used to make comments all the time about grammar. With some people who come here and write some messed up posts, it would only drive a man insane. You've only been here since Nov., so you may not have seen too many "i ply gutar, wht are soem godo tabs". BTW, I only checked your grammar after you made the joke of "noticing my mistake". It's all cool though.
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.