Stupid comment

Death55
Death55
01/06/2004 9:45 am
My friends brother thinks his friend is better than me just because he can play something like 100 songs. Also this friend plays punk so the stuff he is playing is probably easy. Dont you just hate it when people with no knowledge of guitars makes a stupid comment like that ? Has anyone else ever had someone tell them there not as good as someone else ?
By virtue of their electrical properties, tubes generate a special waveform when they're saturated, which is why tube engineering has tremendous tonal advantages over solid state or DSP solutions, particularly for crunch and lead sounds. Tubes enter the saturation zone gradually or softly, which lends tube-driven tone its trademark yet totally unique character.
# 1
moody_fa_loonie
moody_fa_loonie
01/06/2004 3:51 pm
Yeah i get that all the time. I play right handed guitars upside down, so i always do my own thing but first comment people usually make is: oh hes unoriginal, no where near as good as jimmy hendrix. People enjoy my music but mostly notic the way i play and im often critisized..mainly by fellow musicians.
# 2
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
01/06/2004 7:18 pm
People are stupid,so don't listen... heres what I think.

If your better than him then your better.Meet this kid with your guitar and rip him up.If this kid does play punk,chances are he sucks.He might still argue that he knows more songs than you,but then remind him that punk is talentless crap that can be done while in a coma.Ask him to play something difficult...when he fails miserably,laugh and sucker punch him.
Try once,fail twice...
# 3
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
01/06/2004 8:57 pm
hahaha, don't listen to chuck. Kick this guy in the nuts after you laugh. Anyhow, chances are you can do a crappy pentatonic solo and this guy will NEVER be able todo it because he doesn't know his scales.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 4
metal_carnage
metal_carnage
01/06/2004 10:27 pm
lol @ your friend

Playing guitar isnt showing off your skills by saying "Im better".
Im not imressed until some1 shreds some nice scales perfectly and is [b]obviously[b] better than me

But then then chuck has some point to, Punk is very easy music to play, and it wouldnt hurt to battle some songs :)

Im willing to play with any guitarplayer here, but they all think they are to bad.

You can learn allot of playing with other guitarists :)
# 5
hairbndrckr
hairbndrckr
01/06/2004 11:19 pm
Hell moody, those idiots must not realize a left handed guitar costs more than a righty. If I didn't buy everything I get at a STEAL, and I played left handed, I would probably do the same thing.

As for the guy who obvisously doesn't have a clue as to what guitar playing is, I think I agree with the kick-him-in-the-nuts thing then say "oh wait, my left foot does that much better" and kick him again.
So. If you throw a cat out of a car window, is it considered "kitty litter"?
# 6
metal_carnage
metal_carnage
01/06/2004 11:25 pm
but what do you do when some guy comes up to you, saying he can play the guitar better than you, showing off like a mofo, and then proves to be a better player.

You just kick him for being better, or you go crying in a corner and practise more?

:)
# 7
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
01/06/2004 11:40 pm
Kick him in the nuts 3 times!!! Once for saying he's better than you. Once more for showing off in front of you. And a third for turning out to be better than you. Honestly dewd, don't worry about people like that. If you play with passion and commitment, you'll go alot farther than the egotistical fawks out there. Especially people who don't even play but feel they have a right to criticize you. Just worry about getting better.
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.
# 8
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
01/06/2004 11:42 pm
If he's better than you, so be it. If he's not, remember that it wasn't he who bragged, but your know-nothing friend. So kick the friend in the nuts if you win and shake the guitarist's hand.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 9
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
01/07/2004 1:18 am
Be careful not to kick yourself in the nuts, though...

"OK, Smithers, now make me slap him. Now, one for you. Now, give me a little taste. OK, him again. Now, all three."
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 10
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
01/07/2004 9:06 am
What is it that makes guitar playing inherently competitive in so many peoples minds. Reminds me of a joke:

Q: How many guitarists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
A: 1 to do it and 20 to say they could do it better.

and another:

Q: What's the difference between guitarists and saving bonds?
A: Eventually saving bonds will mature and earn money. :D
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 11
DreamRyche2112
DreamRyche2112
01/08/2004 1:17 am
It doesnt matter... if hes better or ur better than him. Theres only 5 guitar players out of 1200 kids in my whole skool.... and i can rip all of them up because all they played was blink and good charrollete. But generally it doesnt matter. U can proabably rip all of those other Axeman up. But it's only about if you feel ur good... keep practicin... and hopefully u r better than that person.
Member of band: Amphiptere (am-fi-teer)
Genre: Speed Metal, Thrash Metal
I am: Lead guitar
# 12
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
01/08/2004 2:01 am
Originally posted by Leedogg
What is it that makes guitar playing inherently competitive in so many peoples minds. Reminds me of a joke:

Q: How many guitarists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
A: 1 to do it and 20 to say they could do it better.

and another:

Q: What's the difference between guitarists and saving bonds?
A: Eventually saving bonds will mature and earn money. :D

Those are good jokes. But hey, nothing's wrong with a little competition. Besides, only a sore loser really hates friendly competition.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 13

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.