View post (Harmonics and Metal)

View thread

MaxM411
MaxM411
01/03/2004 7:28 am
Wassup all? this is my first post here. I have been playing guitar for like 2 and a half/3 yrs about....and i think ive gotten really good...But the thing is im self taught...so i could jam out killer stuff thru tabs or even my own stuff...but I am not really too good with the Notes and all the Theory aspects of playin guitar...I kno that doesnt matter to b able to play good but i kno it helps make u a better player...n e ways I LOVE Iron Maiden and all kinds of old classic and True Heavy Metal...and In my more recent songs i have been tryin to use more Harmonics such at Diatonic Thirds like Maiden do and sum other bands like Metallica etc...like I understand enuff of the theory to actually write what I want to...and I kno that learning the Fretboard notes specifically is essential to a lot of Questions I may have regarding Harmonics and other aspects of playing guitar..so I was wondering if n e of you have any personal Tips/tricks for remembering scales/Notes on the Fingerboard/even useful info when using harmonics to get a fuller tone with more Resonance...I always find it coo to talk to other musicians and learn/teach what u can..all in all, every true musician(guitarists specifically) know that Its all a matter of gaining more and more experience either playing, teaching or learning heh..well n e waysi hope sum of yall have sum good tips....ill chek bak in tha forum in da mournin o sumtin heh...thanx in advance...cya

"Better to Reign in Hell, than to Serve in Heaven."