Here are some tricks (this helps if your not using the "box" form)
1. Play the root of the scale
2. Play from the root to the third (as in including the second)
3. Do the same up to the 5th
4. Now to the 7th
5. Now to the 9th and back to the root
6. Repeat the process above, going up and down the scale till you know it down pat
7. Play the scale moving up in intervals - diads (skip a note, then move one fret from the root), Make sure you say the notes as you do this
8. Do the same things moving in triads
9. Now tetrads
10. If you want to think even more harmonically, go on to the five note, 6 note or 7 note chords
Now you should really grasp the scale and its chords - you should know all the notes and chords of it.
Rock on man!
There are only two important things in life - There's music and theres girls, not necessarily in that order....
The Ace's Guitar Tricks