Harmonics and Metal

MaxM411
MaxM411
01/03/2004 7:28 am
Wassup all? this is my first post here. I have been playing guitar for like 2 and a half/3 yrs about....and i think ive gotten really good...But the thing is im self taught...so i could jam out killer stuff thru tabs or even my own stuff...but I am not really too good with the Notes and all the Theory aspects of playin guitar...I kno that doesnt matter to b able to play good but i kno it helps make u a better player...n e ways I LOVE Iron Maiden and all kinds of old classic and True Heavy Metal...and In my more recent songs i have been tryin to use more Harmonics such at Diatonic Thirds like Maiden do and sum other bands like Metallica etc...like I understand enuff of the theory to actually write what I want to...and I kno that learning the Fretboard notes specifically is essential to a lot of Questions I may have regarding Harmonics and other aspects of playing guitar..so I was wondering if n e of you have any personal Tips/tricks for remembering scales/Notes on the Fingerboard/even useful info when using harmonics to get a fuller tone with more Resonance...I always find it coo to talk to other musicians and learn/teach what u can..all in all, every true musician(guitarists specifically) know that Its all a matter of gaining more and more experience either playing, teaching or learning heh..well n e waysi hope sum of yall have sum good tips....ill chek bak in tha forum in da mournin o sumtin heh...thanx in advance...cya

"Better to Reign in Hell, than to Serve in Heaven."
# 1
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/24/2004 12:24 am
Here are some tricks (this helps if your not using the "box" form)
1. Play the root of the scale
2. Play from the root to the third (as in including the second)
3. Do the same up to the 5th
4. Now to the 7th
5. Now to the 9th and back to the root
6. Repeat the process above, going up and down the scale till you know it down pat
7. Play the scale moving up in intervals - diads (skip a note, then move one fret from the root), Make sure you say the notes as you do this
8. Do the same things moving in triads
9. Now tetrads
10. If you want to think even more harmonically, go on to the five note, 6 note or 7 note chords
Now you should really grasp the scale and its chords - you should know all the notes and chords of it.
Rock on man!
There are only two important things in life - There's music and theres girls, not necessarily in that order....
The Ace's Guitar Tricks
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.