View post (effects advice)

View thread

Guitar-Sam
Guitar-Sam
01/03/2004 8:11 pm
I prefer stomp boxes or several reasons.
1)When your after a certain effect you can try each brand and type out till you find the perfect one,not just a decent one thats in with a million other things in a processor.
2)You have comlete on the fly control just bend over and turn a knob no BS programming etc..
3)If one effect craps out at a gig you can quickly unplug it and bypass it and play.With a processor everthings in one and if it ****s your out of luck.
4)I'm sort of a purest who has an effects phobia.And seems every band I've ever joined has a preconcived idea of a certain overly processed phaser,chorus,pitch shift retarded thing I should have on my guitar on every song.So without a processor I have the option of saying OH I don't have that effect.
As far as brands I've found the Digitech X-series digital delay to be the best hands down sounding delay on the market besides expensive rackmount stuff.But use a power supply cause it plays weird annoying games when the batterys die(and in 3 hrs too).
Vox wah to my ears is the best wah around widest sweep.
Boss seeems to make good modulation effects like chorus.And there EQ pedal is a hot little device too.
As far as distortions go the opinions vary so widely its rediculous.I like the old TS9 tube screamer or a solid state distortion device.
Certiied Stratocaster NUT!!