View post (Why a stack?)

View thread

the fool
the fool
01/01/2004 4:26 am
The Dirt

What do you think of using effects unit like a Korg AX 1500g together with a small amp on stage? Would the effects sound different in a mic'ed small amp than one plugged on a stack? When you plug in the effects, do you plug it on the clean channel by any chance? I haven't personally tried giging with an effects unit on small amps but when I get my chance, I'll give it a try on my next show.

I love pluggin my hollowbody electric to an acoustic amp. Even before I started having them piezo saddles, I was already using them acoustic amps too, especially the ones with a built- in chorus. I mostly use it for rythm work, I like the little bit of dimension it adds to the sound, especially my guitar's a hollowbody so its a bit acoustic there.

"Lets see… well I play the guitar and when I'm not playing the guitar, I think about playing the guitar. My other favorite instrument, is the guitar and if I aspired to play any other instrument, it would be the guitar...

I can’t sing so I sing through my guitar. So when the sound guy says: “Your guitar is too loud!” I think: "Why does he never say that to the vocalist?"