View post (What guitar to get)

View thread

TheTrooper
TheTrooper
12/28/2003 2:06 am
Alright listen and listen good, Not too long ago when I first joined this message board I was just like you, I was cheap I didn't want to spend a lot to get a guitar, I figured hey, its a guitar how much better can that Paul Reed Smith guitar than my squier is. When I first set out to get my guitar I wanted then kirk hammet model then I realised that I was paying for a name( a name not worth paying for anymore) after I went in the shop and auctually tryed a variety of guitars I dedicided that there was a lot of better guitars outthere for the same price. Now Im using an ltd but I want to trade it in for some higher end jackson or a real esp, but I cant decide which yet maybe even a charvel, whatever you do dont get a lowend guitar instead of swapping pickups work! work around your house, mow lawns, do something and before you know it you will have enough. all you have to do is save your money or get when of those monthly payment deals from musicians friend. Right now I have been saving for an amp and I still cant decide. I even got a $200 gift certificare to Guitar center to add to my savings now I have like $650 to spend on my combo amp, but I cant decide, at first I wanted a solid state amp but now I've finally heard how much better tube is so I want like a 30-65 watt tube combo but I cant decide because my local guitar center doesn't have a varity, the only amps I've been able to play are mareshalls, fenders, crates, and a few peavy's and mesas and I like the peavy but it was an xxl. I really want to play a peavy xxx super 40 but guitar center doesn't have any, and I am also curious about laney but they dont have thos eaither. So Im getting input on the forums and reading reviews trying to decide whether or not to order a peavy xxx. By the way sorry for getting off the subject of your guitar.