Celestion speaker battle

Guitar-Sam
Guitar-Sam
12/24/2003 4:10 pm
G12T 75 vs, G12M 25: Is it possible to get the lowend of the 75 watter outta the greenbacks???What about is it possible to get that greenack sweetness outta the 75 watters??
The greenbacks I have now are reall sweet and awsome for leads but lack lowend.
I've had a regular 75Watter loaded cab but there was something wrong with it so it went back.All the others I've tried sounded good but were "bumpy" meaning there were lowended but blunt sounding,when used with a natural clean overdrive(maybe they'ed sound good with the head on 10 driveing the voice coils,but thats not practical).
Certiied Stratocaster NUT!!
# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
12/24/2003 7:17 pm
Instead of trying to get a particular kind of sound out of a speaker that doesn't have that sound, you would have a better chance at success if you selected a speaker that you can be sure will deliver the kind of sound you want.

Check out Weber VST speakers. The user comments {Select Page -> User Comments} are very helpful. And there are explanations of how the different magnet structures and cone shapes affect the sound. You can also e-mail Ted Weber about any of his products, and he will usually answer within a day or two. How many companies have customer questions answered by the President himself?

I read through the tech data and the user comments to narrow down my choices to a couple of models. Then I e-mailed Mr. Weber to get some guidance on which of those would be best for my application. The man speaks true. I got exactly what I wanted from my Weber speaker.

Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
hairbndrckr
hairbndrckr
12/24/2003 10:07 pm
Either what lord said or just get an eq...
So. If you throw a cat out of a car window, is it considered "kitty litter"?
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.