Best outtake ever

Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
12/23/2003 3:28 pm
ha, I went to a Jethro Tull concert once and the bass player kept messin with the keyboards guy. He'd, like, walk over and smack him in the head, or he'd keep sending bottles of water over to him. By the end of the concert the keyboard guy had like 15 full bottles of water.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 1
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
12/23/2003 3:30 pm
Originally posted by iiholly
The singers part is very important though. The average joe is going to be paying more attention to the singer's voice than the rest of the band averagely.

Is that on an average basis?
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 2
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
12/23/2003 3:50 pm
I thought about posting a similar comment earlier, but I decided to let it go. Thanks for picking up my slack, eggman.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 3
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
12/23/2003 4:09 pm
I don't need this abuse...

# 4
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
12/23/2003 4:26 pm
Originally posted by Jolly McJollyson
I thought about posting a similar comment earlier, but I decided to let it go. Thanks for picking up my slack, eggman.

I got yer back, homes...
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 5
the fool
the fool
01/02/2004 6:41 pm
Quote:
---------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by Lordathestrings

After a while, you notice that the singers are the ones who are most likely to mess around with you. It's because their part is so easy! LOL

-----------------------------------------------------------------

What are you talkin about? I may not be as expert of a guitarist as you guys are. But if there's something that I'm good at, it's singing. I'm a singer. I've been singing for almost 16 years now (6 years professionally) and I tell you, it's not easy. If you don't mind, here's just what I have to say:

(1) Stage freight is stage freight whether you're the singer, the guitarist, or whatever. It will screw you if you let it.

(2) Singing is very much under rated because everyone thinks it's easy, like let's say speaking, but just as a lot thing goes with communication, in reality singing can actually be difficult- requiring a lot of effort. I always say that its easy to sing a song but to focus on it and to try to sing it properly, it takes a lot to pull it off. That is why I strongly believe that singing is an instrument by itself that should be respected. You already have a lot of things in your head- your projection (ie. singing in chest voice, making sure you breath properly, making sure your transition from chest voice to falsetto is smooth etc.), your form, your timing, your diction, how you use dynamics etc.- there's so many technicalities, it takes a lot of practice just to get used to the complexities. Now, add to that your movement on stage and how you move about your hands (when you just hold a mic and don't play an instrument). Now, with all those things, try playing a guitar on top of those things, and I'll bet you, if you're not experience, either you will throw singing off or your playing off. That's why some bands have just a lead vocalist even though most of the guys in the band can sing. It's hard to concentrate on the music while concentrating on singing and moving at the same time.

"Lets see… well I play the guitar and when I'm not playing the guitar, I think about playing the guitar. My other favorite instrument, is the guitar and if I aspired to play any other instrument, it would be the guitar...

I can’t sing so I sing through my guitar. So when the sound guy says: “Your guitar is too loud!” I think: "Why does he never say that to the vocalist?"
# 6
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
01/02/2004 11:19 pm
Chill, man, that was supposed to be taken as a joke! Actually, it takes a lot of self-confidence to sing in front of groups of people whithout having your throat go all tight and squeaky. At least a guitar will stay in tune (if you remember to tune it). But it's been my experience that the singer is the one most likely to mess with a guitar player before a show.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 7
the fool
the fool
01/03/2004 12:50 am
oooops.. sorry lordathestrings. Did I sound too angry or too serious on that one? I wasn't trying to preach or be a smart ass. I didn't mean to rant too much or even call you off- although I think I'm a pretty good contender for jolly's title: the king of long posts (wait... is jolly even the reigning king of long posts or someone else?). Anyways, I wasn't offended by your joke because I know your comment was all in good intention and good fun. I just felt that I had to talk about it just to give everyone an idea what things are like on a singer's perspective because I am one. I was a singer first before I was a guitar player and I was known as a singer and made my job as a singer even before everyone knew that I can play the guitar. I just thought you might find my experience interesting :)

"Lets see… well I play the guitar and when I'm not playing the guitar, I think about playing the guitar. My other favorite instrument, is the guitar and if I aspired to play any other instrument, it would be the guitar...

I can’t sing so I sing through my guitar. So when the sound guy says: “Your guitar is too loud!” I think: "Why does he never say that to the vocalist?"
# 8
the fool
the fool
01/03/2004 12:52 am
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quoted by Lordathestrings

But it's been my experience that the singer is the one most likely to mess with a guitar player before a show.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why? because we get all the chicks? lol j/k

# 9
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
01/03/2004 4:51 am
IT may be instructive to note that David Lee Roth, who used to taunt guys in the front of the audience about how easily he could take their women, now looks like the host of "Tales From The Crypt" :D
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 10
the fool
the fool
01/03/2004 8:03 pm
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by lordathestrings

IT may be instructive to note that David Lee Roth, who used to taunt guys in the front of the audience about how easily he could take their women, now looks like the host of "Tales From The Crypt"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

ha ha ha- and what do you make of keith richards? (and you think guitarist ain't prone to the "tales of the crypt" syndrome)

you see, it's not too easy when you have to pleasure like hundreds of women at the same time. maybe david lee roth got too worn out after having sex with all those chicks that's why he started looking like the guy from the tales from the crypt you know?

# 11
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
01/04/2004 2:30 am
Keith got totally ******-up on heroin - what's Mick's excuse?
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 12
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
01/04/2004 2:41 am
Originally posted by Lordathestrings

His 60 illegitimate children.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 13
the fool
the fool
01/04/2004 5:08 pm
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Lordathestrings
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Leedogg
His 60 illegitimate children.

.... and heroin? (yup, that's a killer combo right there)

# 14

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.