Best/Last show you guys played?

Joseph
Joseph
01/07/2001 11:40 pm
What was the best or last show you guys played?I'm sure we all have been there, up on stage, communicating with the audience, with that indescribable feeling that sometimes isnt even worth analyzing, just worth enjoying. Overall nothing can duplicate the sheer feeling of power that we recieve through our amp, (well almost nothing :D.)

The last great show that I can remember was back in highschool, my band at the time has never been more motivated that night, and we played great. We communicated great with the audience, it wasnt enough that they were juswt watching the show, they were merely part of the show, (and there was no booze to be found), they liked us and enjoyed the music for all that it was worth. And we had a great drummer, he really carried the show, we played mostly originals, (and I was very surprised by the reception.) We played a few Zeppelin, and Aerosmith covers, I basically took care of part of the guitar parts, and our singer (whom was female blew everyone away.) It was a great show, but unfortunately the band wasn't permanent, my friend shelly (the vocalist) went off to college, an the rest of the guys just kind of lost interest, and what about tht drummer, he broke his hand during a freak accident a few months later. Basically what started off as a great experience ending with a halt, call it karma call it whatever you like, but time just wasn't on my side the rest of that year.

-Joseph

www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 1
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/08/2001 4:00 am
Yeah that's what keeps bringing me back to playing ....there's nothing like that feeling you get when you rip through a bunch of songs and getting shivers down your spine.... It's like the universe suddenly makes sense.
You can't even put the feeling into words.
Wish I had a better memory for the shows that turned out like that. I always remember all the stupid things like accidentally leaving my zipper open, forgetting to plug in my effects pedal or not noticing the booger hanging from my nose till it flies off & hits the pretty girl in the front row...

# 2
Joseph
Joseph
01/08/2001 4:17 am
Originally posted by schmange
I always remember all the stupid things like accidentally leaving my zipper open, forgetting to plug in my effects pedal or not noticing the booger hanging from my nose till it flies off & hits the pretty girl in the front row...

[/B]

Heh, yeah we don't always have the best of memories, but theres alot of stuff that really does sink in after its all over. You know to a certain extent alot of musicians are just rather comfortable sitting on the edge of their bed for the most part, feeling no need to communicate with others on stage, where the art of creativity is just enough. But you havent lived as a musician until you've been up on stage, theres such an indescribable vibe that fills the room, its unbelievable. To be honest it has been almost two years since Ive really been involved in a serious band, or have felt the same re-action as before, guess its all a matter of meeting the right people. But I just can't help growing impatient, I really miss being on stage, I guess ive found that as the years progress more musicians all around the world are growing impatient where they just forget whats most important to them. Its very frustrating when you're working with someone who asks too many questions, to the point where you just can't get anything done, (and its even more frustrating when the question dont even pertain to music, :eek:.

-Joseph, :) I'm hanging in there

www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 3
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
01/09/2001 3:04 am
I too know the feeling. I can usually count a few songs at an open mic, or sitting in w/ a band for a few minutes as the best part of my week. However, I'm hoping my band will pick up soon, so I'll be seeing some real gigs soon.
::crosses fingers::
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4
LuigiCabrini
LuigiCabrini
01/09/2001 3:09 am
Performing on stage in a band is very fun, especially when it goes well and the audience likes it, but I'm trying to hone my meager (read: nonexistant) solo performance skills. I'd really like to get to the level of chord melody playing where I could perform unnaccompanied, and still be able to be creative and improvise. My problem with playing chord melody is that it usually ends up like an arrangement for solo guitar, rather than a real living, breathing, organic improvisational thing. For now, however, I'll be content to perform with a band, it does get people more pumped anyway...
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.