View post (Best/Last show you guys played?)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
01/07/2001 11:40 pm
What was the best or last show you guys played?I'm sure we all have been there, up on stage, communicating with the audience, with that indescribable feeling that sometimes isnt even worth analyzing, just worth enjoying. Overall nothing can duplicate the sheer feeling of power that we recieve through our amp, (well almost nothing :D.)

The last great show that I can remember was back in highschool, my band at the time has never been more motivated that night, and we played great. We communicated great with the audience, it wasnt enough that they were juswt watching the show, they were merely part of the show, (and there was no booze to be found), they liked us and enjoyed the music for all that it was worth. And we had a great drummer, he really carried the show, we played mostly originals, (and I was very surprised by the reception.) We played a few Zeppelin, and Aerosmith covers, I basically took care of part of the guitar parts, and our singer (whom was female blew everyone away.) It was a great show, but unfortunately the band wasn't permanent, my friend shelly (the vocalist) went off to college, an the rest of the guys just kind of lost interest, and what about tht drummer, he broke his hand during a freak accident a few months later. Basically what started off as a great experience ending with a halt, call it karma call it whatever you like, but time just wasn't on my side the rest of that year.

-Joseph

www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."