View post (little question..)

View thread

TheDirt
TheDirt
12/02/2003 5:11 pm
Summary for those too lazy to read the below: G Major/Ionian, G Major Pentatonic, G Major Hexatonic, and G Minor Blues are all usuable (but careful with the Blues scale).

The progression is in G Major; depending on the sound you're trying to achieve, you could play G Major (a.k.a. Ionian for you mode lovers), G Major pentatonic w/ b3 and maybe #5 thrown in for spice (think about bending the A and D notes to hit the b3 and #5), or the G Minor Blues scale for a bluesey minor over major type sound. Experiment. I'd say the most likely and ear friendly approach I'd take if playing over a given song with that progression for me would be G Major Hexatonic. That's basically G Major Pentatonic with the added 9th of F#, so it's every note in G Major except for the 4th (C), which usually just clashes unless you play it over a C or Am chord, anyway.
"You must stab him in the heart with the Bone Saber of Zumacalis... well, you could stab him in the head or the lungs, too... and the saber, it probably doesn't have to be bone, just anything sharp lying around the house... you could poke him with a pillow and kill him."

- Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Universal Re-Monster