View post (Marcus Paus)

View thread

Ego
Ego
11/27/2003 10:25 pm
Yeah, nothing wrong with talking, discussion, and disagreements at all...I can only play guitar so much before my fingers fall off...

Anyway, another thing with speed (and is there any other topic to get people worked up over?) is the envy fator -- Bofatron used to get slagged hard by a few guys at Guitar.com (the kind of guys who are painfully slave-ish to neo-classical stuff) but, for every person to bash B. he'd get 10 people signing up to his message board begging to be let in on the secret. The best was when the guy who railed the hardest emailed B. on the side and asked for an "exclusive interview" for his web site. LMAO! Publically he had to appear uber-hostile but secretly he really wanted to be able to play at unlimited speeds. :)

I see Bofatron as a riddle and there was no right or wrong answer to the question. You either got it or you didn't. Either way what was interesting was not if you got it or not but why. Some personality types can't solve the riddle except by destroying the riddle itself.

http://kronosonic.com