View post (Marcus Paus)

View thread

Fretfire
Fretfire
10/01/2005 11:27 am
Im not impressed with Francesco Fareri nor I admire his extremely fast playing, In fact the first time I saw that video, I laughed my ass out. I just posted it as a response to the question and to show an example how stupid it was for a guitarplayer to play just for speed and not for music's sake.... Id rather listen to other fast players who knows how to use speed at the right context and if the song permits like Steve Vai, Yngwie, Tony MacAlpine and Petrucci rather than somebody who obviously wanks for speed sake.

Any shred guitarist can play that fast with enough practice but not everyone can create quality music even if they can play that fast, In fact I have to honestly admit, not to brag that I can play that fast when Im tripping with my bandmates :D as well as hundreds of unknown guitarist from the rest of the world, Ive seen players in our community play "Chops from Hell" licks at 64th notes, 290 - 310 BPM just for the fun of showing off and it sounds s#*t . Malmsteen, Angelo or Gilbert can also play that fast IF they WANT to, but they choose not to simply because they know Its utterly tasteless... and they dont want to sound Crap. ;) PEACE brothers!!
Guitarplaying is 1 Percent Inspiration, 99 Percent Perspiration... :)