View post (Sound quotas)

View thread

TheDirt
TheDirt
11/22/2003 11:35 pm
Guitartricks is free to you. It is NOT free to Jon. He has put up some advertising, which pays for a certain amount of bandwidth and storage capacity, but not much. Having sound quotas (which I believe is 5 sound files per person per day) keeps the total bandwidth used by the site low enough to be paid for by advertising. If you and others downloaded 20+ a day, you'd either have to give Jon some money, or he'd have to put more pop-ups - neither of which you would want. Jon's idea of a quota system keeps this free for us, and you should be glad.

I know the frustration, though. Sometimes I forget that I already download 5 today and I find a trick I really want to listen to, but can't. I just copy/paste the URL into notepad, save it on desktop as goheretomorrow.txt or something and get it the next day. No problem.

Did that clear up everything?
"You must stab him in the heart with the Bone Saber of Zumacalis... well, you could stab him in the head or the lungs, too... and the saber, it probably doesn't have to be bone, just anything sharp lying around the house... you could poke him with a pillow and kill him."

- Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Universal Re-Monster