Korn

Death55
Death55
01/20/2004 8:12 pm
aiwass, he does scream but your right it does sound pathetic compared to some good death metal bands :)

By virtue of their electrical properties, tubes generate a special waveform when they're saturated, which is why tube engineering has tremendous tonal advantages over solid state or DSP solutions, particularly for crunch and lead sounds. Tubes enter the saturation zone gradually or softly, which lends tube-driven tone its trademark yet totally unique character.
# 1
Tripp Hendrix 13
Tripp Hendrix 13
01/26/2004 1:29 am
personally i think korn is actualli pretty good, especially compared to sum other ****ty nu metal bands *cough LImp Bizkit *cough* but yea....alot of there songs are really catchy and so far i like their musick alot
.."i can't wait til were teenagers....then we'll be happy"
# 2
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
01/26/2004 2:48 am
I thought one by korn on MTV icon was excellent, better than metallicas version on there cunning stunts DVD! I prefered the singing anyway.

Yea I want to hate avril but i dream about her... and I convinced my girlfriend to wear thick black eye make up in an attempt to resemble her :(

# 3
concrete chaos
concrete chaos
01/26/2004 9:09 am
yea axl

isnt that the saddest thing about avril she looks good but only looks.....

like most things in this world
'i dont have low self esteem, it's a mistake. I have low esteem for everyone else' - Daria
# 4
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
01/26/2004 12:02 pm
Yea... but not them Im sum celeb stalker or weirdo.. but you can tell alot about people by their mannerisms.. and Id say she appears to be a fun loving groovy chick whose up for a laugh :) And she does strum a low slung guitar in style!
# 5
I Suffer
I Suffer
01/31/2004 1:04 am
Back in the day when i heard all this talk of " Korn", i didnt know what they were on about. I thought the vegatable was stealing the hearts of all these people. When i found out it was a bands name...i just laughed.

Finally i got around to listening to some of their stuff, and i found that it wasnt all that bad for a mainsteam Nu-metal band, in other words, i could stand it. But how many times can a band put of an album and have it sound the same, and not get tired of it? And their new stuff, I liked all those songs back when they were called " freak on a leash","blind", adidas".. etc.

I saw some mtv stuff on them, with the guitarists playing covers of solos and all that.Thing is anyone can learn another persons solo, but can they compose one? I wouldnt know if they can or cant. I saw the cover of "one" they did on mtv2..i was embrassed for them.

Jon's voice goes well with the music though, sometimes i have no idea what he's saying, or if hes saying anything at all, ie: towards the end of " thoughtless". I think its random clicks and grunts.

I don't like the drummers style much, but thats probably only because i dont like this music style anyways. But they are all in all your basic nu-metal band, and as someone else said , i would take them over Limp bizkit any day.

# 6
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
02/09/2004 3:24 pm
I am loyal to korn as I am any other band that's earned me as a fan. Before I developed my current tastes in music (before I knew of the joys of death and black metal) I was a big nu-metal head. Korn was among my favorites as were slipknot and mudvayne. I'd say those 3 bands are the remaining bands that I'm still loyal to in the nu-metal scene. All they have to do is keep making music and I'll keep buying. I could make a list of songs that I like, but I don't want to get any bigger with this than I already have. Though I'll go ahead and single out a song from band, korn - helmet in the bush, slipknot -prosthetics, mudvayne - pharmecopia
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 7
metalisbest
metalisbest
02/09/2004 9:10 pm
Man I thought that Korn might have won the Metal Performance last night, but Metallica did for St. Anger. Whats up with that?
# 8
alucard0941
alucard0941
02/09/2004 10:32 pm
ok . . . Korn might be a "good band" but their guitarist is Crap!!!!
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 9
Barreta_jetstream1
Barreta_jetstream1
02/11/2004 7:55 pm
I thought Korn had two guitarists? Munky + Head? Or is that another group?
Tandem Felix
# 10
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
02/11/2004 8:30 pm
No, that's the right band. Munky and Head are both korn's guitarists. As far as calling them crap goes, that's like saying every band that uses cronic power chords is crap. Can't really call a band crap for using that chord as much as they do cause the vast majority of metal bands uses power chords more than anything else. So, that being the case, how can one band be talented and another crap if they're doing basically the same thing?

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 11
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/24/2005 12:27 am
To the mighty depths of hell with korn. They're not completely talentless, but they don't seem to write anything that puts that skill to good use. Their songs are all linear and follow the same path the whole way through. This doesn't mean to say I hate linear songs, but some surprise would be nice. I saw them after untouchables was released and I found it to be a good show. Came together well. But they're just too predictable for me. I still like their first CD but after that they just kept recycling riffs with basically one song structure. And it's so lame too, every time they start to release a new CD everyone says "dude, it's gonna be better than their first" or "they're going back to their roots". But they never do. It just sounds like they're getting further and further from their roots. Yeah, yeah, yeah take a look in the mirror sounded a lot like their first one. Production wise anyway. But musically it didn't. It just seemed like they were taking a few last shots at that dead horse hoping for a bit more. Personally, Head's leaving the band was good in my opinion. Dear God let someone add some variety to their music.

Hulk Smash!!

# 12
7-stringer
7-stringer
03/25/2005 2:52 am
just by looking at my name you can probably tell i'm a korn fan, and I am apalled at people who say all they do is scream.... (sigh) korn is one of the few bands out there that have a singer these days.If you look at todays rock trend you'll find bands like: Atreyu,Alexisonfire,PoisonTheWell,and Misfits infecting rock, now ALL they do is scream with a high pitched voice just give'em a listen.Then you have death metal:Deicide,Cannibal Corpse,Opeth etc. all they do is groan and moan.Then you have the absolute epitome of crap like Maroon5,bowling for soup,yellowcard.In regards to the people who say that all korn does is whine about how he was molested.Music and art is form of self-expression thats what music is all about, and thats a common characterstic found amongst many musicians---sensitivity,and most of the time people who complain he whines like a baby are most likely either 1.insensitive or 2.insecure about their own masculinity. I'm just saying with how rock is going these days korn is beacon. none of the other alt. rock groups have done anything lately like tool. tool left me speechless after I saw them in concert.
# 13
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
03/25/2005 9:30 am
Originally Posted by: 7-stringerMisfits

The misfits are pretty old dude...and they play punk music...and they arn't infecting anything.They have a more cult following than anything.

And all this atreyu,killswitch engage,shadows fall,lamb of god stuff is NOT the epitome of metal or rock...now since nu metal kids finally realize nu metal sucks,they are all hopping on this 'real metal' bandwagon.

Listen to some Death,Necrophagist,Symphony X,Spastic Ink,Wintersun,dying fetus,theory In practice,Symbyosis e.c.t...makes tool sound like crap(why are they so highly regarded?I don't find them technical or innovative in the least)I don't care if they'er talented.It dosn't show in their music.Tool is another 'cult' band...god forbid,if you think tool isn't good you must be nuts.

and about Mr.Korn whining like a baby...mabey he does?Just a thought.
Try once,fail twice...
# 14
7-stringer
7-stringer
03/25/2005 2:12 pm
hmm.. maybe its just where I live then. because where I live misfits aint no cult band. 90% of all the local bands in my area are punk/emo influenced.it sucks.
# 15

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.