View post (Korn)

View thread

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/24/2005 12:27 am
To the mighty depths of hell with korn. They're not completely talentless, but they don't seem to write anything that puts that skill to good use. Their songs are all linear and follow the same path the whole way through. This doesn't mean to say I hate linear songs, but some surprise would be nice. I saw them after untouchables was released and I found it to be a good show. Came together well. But they're just too predictable for me. I still like their first CD but after that they just kept recycling riffs with basically one song structure. And it's so lame too, every time they start to release a new CD everyone says "dude, it's gonna be better than their first" or "they're going back to their roots". But they never do. It just sounds like they're getting further and further from their roots. Yeah, yeah, yeah take a look in the mirror sounded a lot like their first one. Production wise anyway. But musically it didn't. It just seemed like they were taking a few last shots at that dead horse hoping for a bit more. Personally, Head's leaving the band was good in my opinion. Dear God let someone add some variety to their music.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.