View post (noise.....)

View thread

Cedarkill
Cedarkill
11/14/2003 5:20 pm
Ok...by what you've said, I gather you mainly have a problem with feedback and some background noise, but your main concern is that you're getting a lot more feedback running through the pedal rather than straight into the amp, right??? If this is the case then I may be able to added some info to help ya' that I don't think others have said, maybe they have...but here. I've had these problems, it's just the way the pedals work and process the sound. i'm sure they're is some big technical reason for it and terminology, but extra noise and FEEDBACK especially, just comes with the territory when adding distortion, especially if it high gain, and effects. If I understand correctly, your pedal is a digitech multi-effects...if so, look for some kind of noise gate or noise suppressor on the unit, most processors are supplied with some kind of noise suppressor. If you have the manual, that could always help you navigate through the processor, but you should find something along those lines. If you find it, just mess with the settings until your feedback problem fixed. In most causes, when you crank the noise suppressor, you'll also loose someoutput, ultimately taking away some of that "bite" from your sound and some bass if you use a lot of bass. So, you'll have to tweak the soise suppressor and distortion levels and settings, to find a happy place in the middle where the sound is what you like and the feedback is restricted some. Now, if your processor doesn't have a supressor or gate of some sort, you can always buy some variation of one. I'd recommend the rocktron HUSH gate, they're a few different versions, but it's a great gate. It doesn't attack your tone and sound like a lot of gates do, which means less tweaking and more time playing. I have a rocktron Chameleon 2000 rack processor and it has the HUSH system on board. It works awesome and is simple to use...so check out your system, see if you can tweaks some stuff, if not, I'd say check out one of the HUSH gates...you can pick them up used for not that much at all.