View post (What's Up !?!)

View thread

noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
11/05/2003 6:12 pm
Originally posted by chris mood

*This is true in every genre of music today. Look at what orchestras' are playing. Jazz musicians are releasing cd after cd of old standards that have been reproduced a thousand times before. There seems to be a revival taken place over the past 15 yrs of getting back to roots. Even modern rock reminds me a bit of the music from the 50's, with its' lack or musicianship and repetitive forms.[quote]

I agree but why b*tch about it, just destroy your radio and make the music you want to hear.

[quote] You should be angry! These old farts (and advertising companies) are making money from your sheer stupidity! Get a grip. Whine about this theory. In the real world, if you can't read, or think... NO MONEY!!!
Like it, or NOT!!!

Unfortunately the recording industry is run by businessmen, not musicians. To offer them some new or different on that principle alone will get you nowhere. The recording industry see's itself as a public service, providing the public with what they want to hear. With the lack of music education in most school curiculums the general younger population has become an empty headed devourer of Rap music.

Yeah it's sad to say that that is true. Shortly after I finished H.S. they took way a big part of the music program there. And in college there is no innovations, just a hefty dosage of old rules that you have to swallow. Will the world ever learn what art really is.
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.