Favorite over-drive?

sambob
sambob
10/16/2003 11:08 pm
I'm stuck somewhere in b etween my Ibanez tubescreamers, and my DOD 250s love them both. These are classic pedals of course, everyone has at least heard one in action (if not played through them). Of course they won't totally distort your sound like a lot of newer pedals, but thats not what you're after when you use them anyway.

Anyone care to recommend something that might have the versatility in tones as the tubescreamer (ibanez ts9), without a muddy low end like the tubescreamer and dod250 have, and a little less noise with higher gain? I've had a lot of fun with the YJM308 version of the DOD250, it cleans up the low end, and it also smooths out the tone a bit...but it just sounds thin, theres no body to it (hence why yngwie uses it i guess).
# 1
fendermonkey77
MORE COWBELL!
fendermonkey77
MORE COWBELL!
10/17/2003 1:13 pm
You should check out the Full Drive II by Fulltone. Should run you about $150 bucks or less. I have a Tube Screamer (which I also love) but the Full Drive is where it's at.

It even has a bypass function to bypass the distortion and just boost your pure signal if you like the sound of your amp.

Check them out:

http://www.fulltone.com/stpframe.html

This guy has made these by hand since the 60's and still signs and numbers each pedal.

Free Backing Tracks At GuitarVoice.com!

"The pursuit of easy things makes men weak."

David O. McKay
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.