White Stripes

Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
10/12/2003 3:58 am
I went to Amazon.com today to see what all the hubub was concerning the "White Stripes." Ok, while Jack White' string slinging skills are way lacking, I was actually really impressed with the lyrics. And the drumline was pretty good too.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 1
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
10/12/2003 4:39 pm
The White Strips are not good in my opinion. The singing and lyrics are just dumb. The singing sounds the same on everysong (see: monotone, tonedeaf). The lyrics (see: The hardest button to button) are terrible.

Just my 2c.
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 2
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
10/12/2003 4:52 pm
Originally posted by Pantallica1
... The singing sounds the same on everysong (see: monotone, tonedeaf) ...
That never seemed to bother the Cowboy Junkies' fans. -shrug-
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
Karma In The South
Karma In The South
10/12/2003 5:26 pm
Originally posted by Jolly McJollyson
I went to Amazon.com today to see what all the hubub was concerning the "White Stripes." Ok, while Jack White' string slinging skills are way lacking, I was actually really impressed with the lyrics. And the drumline was pretty good too.

The drumline?? If you like a constant 4/4 beat at the same tempo for a full album, then yes, the drumline is excellent. I cant listen to Elephant without getting a headache, I cant deal with her drumming. My favourite album of theirs is "De Stijl", it shows alot more variety than the 2 latest ones(I dont have their debut) and I think the songwriting is better. I like some of Jack's lyrics but I think hes a very underrated guitarist.
# 4
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
10/13/2003 3:38 am
Originally posted by Karma In The South
Originally posted by Jolly McJollyson

The drumline?? If you like a constant 4/4 beat at the same tempo for a full album, then yes, the drumline is excellent. I cant listen to Elephant without getting a headache, I cant deal with her drumming. My favourite album of theirs is "De Stijl", it shows alot more variety than the 2 latest ones(I dont have their debut) and I think the songwriting is better. I like some of Jack's lyrics but I think hes a very underrated guitarist.

UNDERRATED???? Don't you mean OVERRATED???
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 5
Gainer
Gainer
10/13/2003 4:27 pm
The hardest button to button has to be the worst song in the history of rock(..."it was a baby boy, so we bought him a toy...") And the White Stripes are OVERRATED.
If I leave here tomorrow,
Will you still remember me?
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.