View post (Rubbish humour)

View thread

u10ajf
u10ajf
10/07/2003 2:03 pm
Today I nearly died laughing. It's very windy here in Aberdeen and, as I waited at a bus stop, I saw a woman pushing a large 4 wheeler bin down the narrow bus-stop layby. She explained that she thought it was a traffic obstacle and that "Knowing my luck I'd hit it if I was driving past". I gave her a hand parking the thing but neither of us could get the brake to work so I decided that it would be better off on the pavement and pushed it up the layby and activated the traffic light, allowing me to push it over a lower peice of curb and onto the pavement.
The next thing I knew the great metal carcasse was charging like a bull elephant in musk! The slope of the pavement sent it flying. It's lid had clearly flipped (literally, it acted like a sail in the wind) and it charged into the road. I wrestled the thing to the side of the road. Well, someone nearly was. my conscientious effort to shift the bin had nearly turned it into a half tonne pizza, newspaper and bottle eating killer.
I got the bus shortly after and kept cracking up. People must have thought I was completely mad. When I got off at the stop I phoned the police and grassed the vicious bastard up, I see it's been moved now.
It's been very windy the last few days. I was told by a guy at a bike shop that his wife crashed into a windsurfing bin yesterday (my words not his).

If I couldn't laugh at myself how could I laugh at someone less ridiculous?