Ah, the Piezo

Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
09/19/2003 1:48 am
I'm known on here as a "Gear Tinkerer", as far as new ideas, etc go; I recently got an idea for a 5 pickup guitar, and let me explain it to you;

3 Humbuckers
1 Roland MIDI Pickup
1 Piezo Pickup System

I've yet to see this done on a guitar, I imagine that if I had this done, mine would be one of the first. For control knobs, it would go like this;

--------------
1 Master Volume (Controls electric, acoustic, acoustic/electric, and MIDI volumes)
--------------
1 Master Tone (Controls electric, acoustic, acoustic/electric tones. MIDI doesn't need a tone pot)
--------------
1 Acoustic/Electric Blender Pot
--------------
1 Five way P/U Selector - This is just for the magnetic pickup part of the guitar.
--------------
1 Three-Way Mode Switch Pot (see below)
--------------
1 Two-way Master Coil Splitter
--------------

I came up with the idea that my "2-way FX Bypass" Pot should essentially become a "3-way Mode Switch Pot". My two way FX-bypass was a simple "FX On/Off" switch, similar to an A/B Switch; It now becomes a 3-way "Mode Select" switch.

Mode 1 (facing north)FX On
Mode 2 (Middle) FX Off
Mode 3 (facing south)- MIDI On

----------

I've been really attracted to the Piezo system as of late; It's really suprising how acoustic it sounds; What i'm wondering, and I guess the point of this question is-

"Will my Electric Sound be deteriorated if I have a Piezo Bridge?"

I know they use the blender pots, and they say that you can have a great electric tone as well, but I'm skeptical. I don't want to only have an acoustic sound, but I can see many places where I'd use it, especially considering the fact that I don't use many effects at all (I'm a purist, in some ways). This should probably be in the gear section, and feel free to move it in a few days or a week or whatever;

~Incidents
# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
09/19/2003 2:29 am
Originally posted by Incidents Happen
... This should probably be in the gear section, and feel free to move it in a few days or a week or whatever...
As moderator of the Gear thread, I agree, but I'll leave it up to Zeppelin & educatedfilm.

I would have thought by now you'd understand why some people own more than one guitar. It's ludicrous to try to cram every possible combination into one axe!
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
09/19/2003 5:41 am
sorry zep and ed - i just couldnt resist :D

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.