Essential of two-handed tapping articulation

Adam Fulara
Adam Fulara
09/17/2003 7:28 am
Hello!

I wrote an article about two-handed tapping articulation essential (in my opinion of course).
This method I called "Portato", You can read this article here:

http://adam.fulara.com/a/eind.php?g=eportato

I would appreciate any sugestions and opinions (if You see some language mistakes I made on this
page).

Best regards

# 1
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
09/17/2003 9:02 am
This very same technique is displayed by Bob Culbertson in his "Lessons on the Stick" videos Pt. 1-3 - works perfect. ;)

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 2
Adam Fulara
Adam Fulara
09/17/2003 9:36 am
Could be. I have not seen this book yet. But B. Culbertson don't use too much portato (even if he write about), he plays rather legato (or some kind of articulation mix).
# 3
andy82
andy82
09/17/2003 11:20 am
Your clips blew me away. Good stuff Adam :D
# 4
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
09/17/2003 6:47 pm
Originally posted by andy82
Your clips blew me away. Good stuff Adam :D

What he said.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 5
u10ajf
u10ajf
09/20/2003 8:50 pm
Hello Adam. I had already seen one of your videos before you posted this thread and I was extremely impressed. Your technique is obviously excellent and I think that more people should know that the kind of pieces you play are playable on guitar!

Your technique is similar to that of Allan Holdsworth; he also never uses pull offs, he hates the off-tune, higher- pitched sound that the higher note makes before it releases the string in the pull off motion. I have heard his technique described as legato but I shall know better now!

However, good as your page is, I did find it hard to read the piece of writing which you have asked us to criticise and proof read. Please do not be offended when I send you an edited version of your writing, your English is much better than my Polish! (Although the only Polish I know is Chopin!). I notice that sometimes you repeat yourself unnecesarily, perhaps this is because - with English not being your first language - you are sometimes unsure if you have expressed a point clearly enough already. It is for this reason that the edited version may be a little shorter but I shall try and include all the information that was originally in your web page.
If I couldn't laugh at myself how could I laugh at someone less ridiculous?
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.