View post (michael angelo or yngwie malmsteen)

View thread

Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
09/19/2003 5:11 am
Az, it's not the same as a stick!!!!

A stick is comparable to 8 finger tapping with low notes meeting in the middle. And piano playing doesn't compare either. I can play the piano as well.

Imagine this: I purchase 2 pianos, one regular and one opposite, meaning the low keys are on the right end and the higher keys on the left end. Now, we join those pianos in the middle with the high notes connecting in the middle. Now play those. Thats how you would compare playing left and right handed guitars at the same time.

Try picking with your non-dominant hand. Playing a stick is not the same as playing left and right handed. I can tap with my right and left hand at the same time, but I could not turn my guitar over and play anything that would sound good left handed.

As far as Yngwie winning on technical ability, a couple hundred on him, if there was a way to measure it, I would take that bet. If you just watched Angelo play, you would see that he is better than Yngwie technically. Check out the Speed Kills DVD (www.metalmethod.com), if you don't like it at least you'll get some great exercises out of it and you'll get to see him play the doubleneck and explain it.

Yngwie did write some great songs. I love "Black Star" I just think overall Angelo is a better musician. As far as the same stuff over and over, that's just his style. Everyone has their style. Yngwie likes his diminished runs while Angelo prefers other things. Every guitarist has that. One thing they rely on.
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.