Whammy Pedals

u10ajf
u10ajf
09/14/2003 10:55 pm
OK, so hard tailed guitars have better resonance and tuning stabillity. Very nice until you want to do a whammy dive.. so what's the crack with whammy pedals? What sort of range do they cover? Do they cover pitch ranges in a continuous fashion or are the "bitty" like the poor excuse for a whammy impressionist I have on my multi-fx (it doesn't allow you to modulate between the correct tones so in betweens sound rubbish)? Are any spring loaded so you can do like a whammy purr like you would by pulling a floating trem and letting it buzz back to its balance point? Please tell me!
Anyone here use one?
If I couldn't laugh at myself how could I laugh at someone less ridiculous?
# 1
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/15/2003 12:45 am
The Whammy 2 will shift 2 octaves up or down with a harmonizer that will shift pitch to the interval of your choice and play it back over the dry signal.
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 2
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
09/15/2003 2:11 pm
If you want to hear an advertisement for the Digitech Whammy pedal, check out "Marooned" by Pink Floyd off of The Division Bell (that piece was basically the only reason I bought the album, and the only reason I pull it out these days).

David Gilmour got that pedal as a gift and recorded "Marooned" at home after taking the pedal out of the box.

The Digitech Whammy pedal has some cool features, like 18 harmonizer settings, 2 types of detuning and 6 whammy settings. I saw one in my search just now for $200 USD.

[Edited by iamthe_eggman on 09-15-2003 at 09:17 AM]
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 3
u10ajf
u10ajf
09/20/2003 8:01 pm
Ohhh Godddd! Poor naive little me thought he played that with a slide. I shall cry in my sleep tonight. Bloody technology, it's substituting talent. Still I guess at least it still needs a good ear. Boo hoooo. Please tell me he didn't cheat on the song division bell. Top album by the way, can't believe you only listen to one track from the whole thing.
Nonetheless, I shall have to get a digitech pedal.
If I couldn't laugh at myself how could I laugh at someone less ridiculous?
# 4
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
09/22/2003 5:32 pm
I dunno, I love the sounds he makes with the pedal. It don't bother me none that he uses a pedal instead of a slide, since it's more the composition of the solo that gets me instead of the technique. Sort of like how Schumann got his wife to play all his pieces, since he wasn't fast enough and had injured his hands.

I'm not sure what song you're referring to by "Division Bell"... in the song "High Hopes", he says "division bell". Yeah, that's probably the one, since he uses a lap steel for the outro solo. Wicked solo... actually, I guess I only listen to two songs off that album.

Basically, my problem with Division Bell is that all the songs are basically 4 minute rock songs. There's a total lack of the Roger-Waters-tripped-out-20-minute-long-epics which is the very thing that makes me love Pink Floyd.
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 5
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
09/22/2003 6:37 pm
I'm pretty sure zack wylde(whats his real name?)uses a Digitech Whammy 2 pedal.
Try once,fail twice...
# 6
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
09/23/2003 6:38 am
i got the same thing on my Boss ME50

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 7
Gainer
Gainer
09/28/2003 2:02 am
Whammy Pedals make awesome sounds man. "Like a Stone" has Morello playing the solo with a Whammy Pedal.
If I leave here tomorrow,
Will you still remember me?
# 8
D.GilmourGreece
D.GilmourGreece
02/12/2006 4:12 pm
Originally Posted by: iamthe_eggmanIf you want to hear an advertisement for the Digitech Whammy pedal, check out "Marooned" by Pink Floyd off of The Division Bell (that piece was basically the only reason I bought the album, and the only reason I pull it out these days).

David Gilmour got that pedal as a gift and recorded "Marooned" at home after taking the pedal out of the box.

The Digitech Whammy pedal has some cool features, like 18 harmonizer settings, 2 types of detuning and 6 whammy settings. I saw one in my search just now for $200 USD.

[Edited by iamthe_eggman on 09-15-2003 at 09:17 AM]

David Gilmour with or without effect pedals is the best guitar player performer ever Thank you Michael Athens Greece
# 9
D.GilmourGreece
D.GilmourGreece
02/12/2006 4:14 pm
David Gilmour with or without effect pedals is the best performer guitarist ever. Have a look at "STRAT PACK" dvd to see the song called Marooned is the song you are talking for, watch the way he plays and i am sure you ''ll understand that the effect pedals dont make a performer thank you Michael Athens Greece

PS: The EDGE of U2 uses a container of effect pedals maybe more than 30 in every live performance this not make him not a good guitar player too :)
# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.