Great Solid-State Amps

Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
08/29/2003 9:26 pm
I'd just like to say that I think Solid-State amps are really catching up to Tube-Amps; Now, I don't mean the piece of **** Crate Amps; I mean like Marshall, or the new Line 6 amps.

What Line 6 is doing right now is phenomenal; Guitarists have always done 'multi-amp' type rigs, but they had to do the switching on each amp manually, as far as volume, tone controls, etc; The fact that you can control all of this from one place, and still come up with several sounds on different speakers is amazing; Some people might say "Well, you only mic one speaker anyways, so it doesn't make a difference"; but I suppose that's why they have the XLR outputs, go right to the mixer. Check it out if you haven't already, http://www.line6.com . I was blown away.

Are the Vetta II's out yet? I checked Music123.com, none were there; I'm going to give the Vetta II a whirl, and if I like it more than my '65 Deluxe Reverb, I'm gonna trade it in.

The '65 Reverb series (tube amps) are known as "the kings", as far as tube Amps go (that, and the '59 bassman). Problem is, I've been really liking the concept of multi-amp style rigs, but don't want to haul two big-ass amps around; Solution? Vetta II, or Duoverb series!

I want to know if anyone has tried either the Duoverb Series, Vetta series, or anything interesting like that.

~Incidents

# 1
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
08/30/2003 5:44 am
The $5000+ may turn into about $3200.

If I like (and buy) the Vetta II, I will probably not need/use Dual TRS outputs, with an effects bypass switcher; I'd simply use the one 1/4" cord.

I still plan on having a UGB; probably the EMG JG-2, because of it's smaller size, with the effects run pre-volume, pre-tone; Now, note this; UGB's are run on one 9V battery that lasts in the guitar about 3 months. If I take the battery out, it becomes a normal wired guitar. The battery will have it's seperate small compartment in the back of the guitar, with an easy-to-remove plastic thing on it (no screws, just a push up on one side, type thing). The importance to this, Pony, is the fact that if at any time during my career, I don't like the UGB anymore, i can take the battery out, and the guitar will run like a normal guitar will.

The "shape" i've decided on is very much similar to my Gibson Les Paul Double Cutaway +. It's the "PRS Santana" shape, which allows a little easier access to the 24th fret than the Gibson model. Still have the "Master Tone, Master Volume, 5-Way Selector Switch, 3 humbuckers" idea, but I'm looking into a possible "Master Coil Splitter Switch"; Basically, it's a two way switch. Humbucked/Single Coil. Pretty simple.

Pony, I couldn't find that Valdez guy's website, could you post the link, i'm very eager to talk to this guy.

~Incidents

# 2
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
08/30/2003 5:56 pm
Awesome! When you get it, email me and I'll get you my name/address/city/state/zip, etc. Thanks!

~Incidents
# 3
hairbndrckr
hairbndrckr
08/31/2003 7:15 pm
I could swear that the latest Musician's Friend had the Vetta II's for sale either in combo or head form for like $1699.00. A lot of money for a solid state setup...
So. If you throw a cat out of a car window, is it considered "kitty litter"?
# 4
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
09/01/2003 4:26 am
I'm going to try it out; If it sounds better to my ears than my Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb, I'm gonna buy it; I haven't had the time lately, but my local music store has it.

Just because the amp is Solid State doesn't mean that it sucks; Generally, tube amps sound better, but even Lordathestrings pointed out that some Solid State amps sound great.

Like most musicians should be, I'm open to new oppurtunities, new gear, etc.

~Incidents
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.