Where to begin

barefootbob
Full Access
barefootbob
Full Access
02/17/2024 7:41 pm

Just got here. Not a new player, been off and on for a while. I'm not a beginner but not a solid intermediate yet... maybe intermediate-ish, and trying to figure out where to begin. 🤔

# 1
GLynch4574
Full Access
GLynch4574
Full Access
02/17/2024 9:31 pm

Hi Bob,

Welcome to this forum.I have been on GT site for a few weeks now.I consider myself as an early intermediate acoustic player from UK 🇬🇧.That said, I have started with Level 1 fundamentals and this consists of Anders and Lisa who are great knowledgeable guitar coaches where you learn at your specific space. You learn so much on technique and general musical 🎶 play.

There are over 11,000 videos to view.Refresh yourself on the core fundamental videos and confirm your present skill set.Thats what I am doing…and its working.

Gordon

edited
# 2
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/18/2024 4:13 pm
#1 Originally Posted by: barefootbob

Just got here. Not a new player, been off and on for a while. I'm not a beginner but not a solid intermediate yet... maybe intermediate-ish, and trying to figure out where to begin. 🤔

Hey & welcome.  It depends on your current skill set & desired goals.

What can you do?  Play open chords?  Barre chords?  Pick single string melodies?  Fingerpick?  Play blues licks?

What can't you do that you want to learn?  What kind of guitar do you have?  What style of music do you want to play?

The more precise you can be about those questions the better we can help you figure out where to start working through GT material.  In general, the best approach is to start working through one of the fundamentals courses or style courses that matches your skills & goals.  

Hope that helps!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 3
kalylcie
kalylcie
04/03/2024 8:38 am

Welcome back! It's great to hear that you're picking up the guitar again and looking to progress further. Finding your footing as an intermediate player can sometimes feel like navigating uncharted territory, but there are plenty of ways to approach it.

Strands NYT

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.