Song deletion rant.

Bobk42
Full Access
Bobk42
Full Access
02/09/2024 12:32 am

I just noticed a member questioning where the song Proud Mary went, followed by a GT response that they couldn't renew the license.  Does this sound familiar to anyone?  So even after us members losing the last 330 songs they're still taking away even more.  What makes it even more despicable is the lack of notice that we're given before a deletion takes place.  I didn't see anywhere where Proud Mary was being deleted.  How many other songs are also gone? They did let us know about the last 330 but it wasn't in a very transparent way.  If you didn't frequent this forum, which I didn't at the time, you'd have no way of knowing about the deletions and even if you did frequent the forums that information wasn't easy to find.  So this time, like usual, they offer a lame ass apology about not being able to renew the license only after a member raised a question.  GT how about being a little more appreciative of your members and at least have the guts to give some real answers about what's really going on so we don't have to continue wasting money for not getting what we paid for.  I'm probably not alone in feeling this way and I have posted here in the past that I wouldn't renew my membership after 16 years.  In fact I've already cancelled my subscription, which I really hated to do, which is in effect until this March.   The dilemma I now face is whether or not to actually stay one more year to finish learning the songs I've been working on.  At this point that would be the only reason to stay one more year and even if I did who knows if the songs I'm working on will even exist by April.  I've lost faith in Guitar Tricks and their "I dont give a crap attitude" toward their members.  But I guess if your a fan of the Rolling Stones this site is the place for you, until they lose the licensing for those songs too.

edited
# 1
wburn11
Full Access
wburn11
Full Access
02/09/2024 10:18 pm

Couldn't have said it better myself.  And surprise, surprise, another crap Rolling Stones song this week.  I would settle for anything that's not more than half a century old.

# 2
Idle strummer
Full Access
Idle strummer
Full Access
02/11/2024 9:33 pm

Whilst I hate the loss of these great song lessons, I also understand that song licensing agreements are finite. I agree with Bob42, the lack of notification of impending deletion and replacement of lost classics with obscure Stones tracks, for the same cost, is disingenuous at best.

As a constructive suggestion, why can’t GT add a field in the ‘description’ section, indicating the licence expiry date, or add an ‘expiring soonest’ filter to the master song list?

At least, I’d have a clue which to learn first!

# 3
W3
Full Access
W3
Full Access
02/12/2024 1:13 pm

There’s definitely something going on. They are keeping it a secret 

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.