Practice Amp with Headphone Socket?

Andrew_morgan1
Full Access
Andrew_morgan1
Full Access
10/05/2023 12:19 pm

Hi

I have a practice amp without a headphone jack and a Fender Mustang Micro headphone amplifier.

I like both, but the practice amp is too loud for late into the evening when I have time to practice, and the headphone amp can't cope when I try to use it with my effects pedals.

Can anyone recommend a inexpensive and easy to find practice amp which will be able to cope with pedals but also has a headphone socket?

Thanks

Andy

# 1
fuzzb0x
fuzzb0x
10/11/2023 10:57 am
#1 Originally Posted by: Andrew_morgan1

Hi

I have a practice amp without a headphone jack and a Fender Mustang Micro headphone amplifier.

I like both, but the practice amp is too loud for late into the evening when I have time to practice, and the headphone amp can't cope when I try to use it with my effects pedals.

Can anyone recommend a inexpensive and easy to find practice amp which will be able to cope with pedals but also has a headphone socket?

Thanks

Andy

can't beat the Spark amp for value and features 

# 2
crimmunity
Full Access
crimmunity
Full Access
10/13/2023 10:00 am

Andertons (UK guitar shop) does videos on the capabilities of the stuff they sell.  Their interest is selling you stuff, so they show and compare to similar gear.  These 2 vids maybe useful to you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1MopCx2QZU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQmP75fpzeY 

# 3
aliasmaximus
aliasmaximus
10/13/2023 12:47 pm

Andrew,

Please forgive me if I misinterpreted your original post, but it sounds like you are trying to use pedals with a Mustang Micro headphone amp?? I have no idea how you'd ever pull that off, given that the Micro has only one jack.

Orange is a British company that makes very nice sturdy reliable amps, including a series of combo amps that it calls "Crush" (Orange Crush - cute). Most, if not all Crush amps have a headphone jack. This includes a 12 amp, single channel, desktop combo amp that costs around $100. A 20 amp Crush combo amp with 2 channels (clean & dirty) runs around $150. I've been using a somewhat larger Orange Crush combo amp for practice every day over the past 3 years, with and without pedals, and it's given me zero problems. Sounds great too.

Sascha

# 4
aliasmaximus
aliasmaximus
10/15/2023 7:44 pm

I was just messing around with my Mustang Micro after not having used it for a year. I remembered that it has an amazing amount of features given it's miniscule size (11 amp emulators with a dozen varied effects) but it's almost impossible to use effectively without the button mapping that's laid out in the manual. As you know, the gadget doesn't come with a printed manual but you can download a PDF version of it HERE. It's only 8 pages with two color charts that specify what each colored light represents in terms of amp and effect choices.

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.