Clicky

Enough with the Stones already


aliasmaximus

Joined: 02/22/22
Posts: 443
aliasmaximus

Joined: 02/22/22
Posts: 443
10/21/2023 2:08 pm
#3 Originally Posted by: DeepBluZzz

I just recently joined GT. I didn't come here for GT to teach me songs, Stones or otherwise. I joined so that they can teach me to play any song that I hear, figure it out on my own, and make it mine. If we want to learn a song, OMG, the choices are endless on YouTube. For me, it's about the music, not someone else's song. There is a song inside of each and every one of us...we just need to play it!


Mike


"Played it 'til my fingers bled"

I think you're going to be disappointed, Mike. This really isn't that type of site. It's geared heavily toward teaching music theory to beginners. Sure, you'll find some lessons scattered about in here that concern improvisation and songwriting, but there are no dedicated courses. For that you'd be better off at a larger learning site with more content. Check out TrueFire. They have full courses on everything from ear training, to chops building, soloing, lead guitar, rhythm guitar, technique, improvisation, theory, licks, composition, etc, in about every musical genre you can think of. However, they have no forum like this one. No forum at all for that matter.


Sascha


edited
# 22
Deh GT
Registered User
Joined: 08/07/24
Posts: 57
Deh GT
Registered User
Joined: 08/07/24
Posts: 57
08/12/2024 5:19 pm

It looks like a lot of posts are all talking about the same thing - People want to understand the road map of what's coming up and if it's worth putting their money on a full-year subscription.


 


Saw this post and believe it's a great idea.


 



https://www.guitartricks.com/forum/t/72792


# 23
rijunag483
Registered User
Joined: 11/02/23
Posts: 3
rijunag483
Registered User
Joined: 11/02/23
Posts: 3
09/04/2024 3:29 am

Enough with the Stones already! I get that they're legendary and all, but it's getting a bit repetitive. There are so many other great bands and artists out there that deserve some attention. Let's mix it up a bit and explore some new music instead of playing the same old hits over and over. Variety is the spice of life, after all! Time for a change.


# 24
W3
Registered User
Joined: 03/09/17
Posts: 161
W3
Registered User
Joined: 03/09/17
Posts: 161
09/15/2024 9:10 am

Hahaha! You don’t have to worry about the Stones anymore, or anybody else for that matter. This website is dead to any new songs in the future. Kiddies, back in the day GuitarTricks was the real trendsetter where you could learn great classic rock ‘n’ roll from the greatest instructors that ever held an electric guitar!


# 25
TheGitard
Registered User
Joined: 11/10/17
Posts: 16
TheGitard
Registered User
Joined: 11/10/17
Posts: 16
10/21/2024 1:34 pm
#25 Originally Posted by: W3

Hahaha! You don’t have to worry about the Stones anymore, or anybody else for that matter. This website is dead to any new songs in the future. Kiddies, back in the day GuitarTricks was the real trendsetter where you could learn great classic rock ‘n’ roll from the greatest instructors that ever held an electric guitar!

Yeah, I am done this year.. I joined in 2017 and won't be resubscribing..  Same money for Rob Swift on Patreon.. he actually teaches and has great songs.


 


edited
# 26
ScubaCPA
Registered User
Joined: 05/11/20
Posts: 121
ScubaCPA
Registered User
Joined: 05/11/20
Posts: 121
11/11/2024 2:33 pm

Very sad.  I just cancelled my annual automatic renewal.  I'm going to miss Anders and Mike, but with no new songs (excluding obscure Stones songs) in about two years I have hardly used the site.


Gary

[Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro (2), Fender Player Stratocaster (2), Fender Player Telecaster (2), Squire CV 60's Stratocaster, Hamer Ecotone, Yamaha APX600 (2), Epiphone ES-339, GTX-100 (2), Spark 40 (2), Spark Mini.]

# 27

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.