View post (Greetings - Just started my new beginner YouTube channel)

View thread

shawneastman
shawneastman
08/06/2023 11:40 am

Hey all, I'm Shawn, 38 & fresh to the guitar.

Yesterday was my very first day at getting stuck in (probably spent a little too long at it - finger tips feel like I burned them on a stove!).

I spent my first hour awkwardly & awfully strumming between D & A chords, but hey, I'm excited for the months ahead.

Looking back on this first video I can already see I need to reallyyyy slow every thing right down & it reinforces the need to let things develop in its own time. Oh, and I need to get to grips with holding the pick properly. After just one hour I can recommend recording yourself practicing if you don't already!

I noticed there's not a great deal of content around showcasing absolute beginners & it's clear to see why - seasoned amateurs & pros tend to sound a lot better! So, I decided to start this channel to not only periodically document my own progress from the very first day, but because I thought it may also be useful & intriguing for other beginners both now & further down the line.

A sort of way to truly realise that we're not alone in the same boat frustrated & wondering if things could ever possibly get better.

Well, I'm going to find out if they do, anyway!

If you fancy offering motivation, encouragement, tips etc. do feel free to follow along!

https://youtu.be/zT9ij0RV4M4

Follow my guitar learning journey: YouTube - @NewLifeWithGuitar