Half year....

Metalic Dude
Metalic Dude
07/25/2003 1:06 pm
Hi dudes!!!!!
I'm playing for half year and I don't know all of these pentatonic stuff or whatever you call them....
And this sucks...I realy gotta learn this.....right?
Anyway...I know lots of MetallicA songs and I play them good, but I realy have a problam with some of the fast solos....could you guys give me some tips and stuff how to gain speed and accuracy? I realy need that stuff...
I wanna be the lead guitar..(It's not that I'm a loser but I need to play fast). and if you can give me some tips about streches too...please help me dudes!
Metal goooooood, Pop Baaaaaaad!!!
# 1

07/25/2003 2:38 pm
Well if you want an easy scale to start out with for playing lead, learn the minor pentatonic scale. Learn it in E for starters so you will get the hang of not staying in 1 posion the whole time, because E pentatonic is so easy to move to the open positon, or 5th, or pretty much anywhere once you learn. Just search on google for pentatonic scale and some site will have a daigram of it. It's very simple and if you want to play it in the key of E, start out with your index finger on the 12th fret. As far as playing fast goes, practice with a metronome (spelling?) and build up your speed slowly. Make sure you have good picking techniques at slow speeds before going super fast. If you can't do something slow, you sure can't do it fast.
# 2
Metalic Dude
Metalic Dude
07/25/2003 2:40 pm
WOW DUDE! You rock!! you helped me alot dude!!!!!
I owe you one!
Metal goooooood, Pop Baaaaaaad!!!
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.