ruining my visit

Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
07/23/2003 6:37 am
Originally posted by PonyOne
...here's a link to another one of their songs (sorry lord, I don't know the html code!!!!) ...
No biggie - Next time you post, just follow the vB code link at the top of the page.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 1
Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin
07/23/2003 10:47 pm
Originally posted by Lordathestrings
Originally posted by Led Zeppelin
... The structure of the song, a courtroom scene, is more innovative than anything Ive heard in rap/metal circles in years... its brilliant. Now heres some powerful lyrics... he may not talk about eating corpses, but it works for me :)
Truth! Thanks for giving me a chance to read that. I try to be open to new musical experiences, but I have a real problem getting past the 'music' to get at the lyrics.

I used to classify the whole genre as "drum machines & bad poetry". So you've proven that there's good poetry out there... I'm just not sufficiently motivated to wade into the scene that goes with it.

Sorry, the lyrics I quoted was "Lose Yourself" by Eminem.

Fúck tha Police, the lyrics would be too difficult to post as thered be a lot more stars! Ill find a link to it, but you need to hear the song, its not just the words but the way its presented, like imaginatively recited poetry... very clever. In a way the sparse use of instrumentation highlights the words... and I find it ironic that the same people who dismiss rap as "non-music" are the same people who listen to guitar instrumentals and dont see what they miss by the absense of words. What Im saying is, everything has its place. Except Limp Bizkit, cos Fred Durst really annoys the hell outta me.
www.gnr.com.ar
http://www.izzystradlin.tk/
# 2
metalisbest
metalisbest
07/23/2003 11:47 pm
Rap doesn't bother me that much. I actually like some of it. I don't go around blaring my "system" (I really have a sucky "system") and trying to act ghetto, but some of it is good. I just have to be in the right mood to listen to it. Most of the new rap or hip-hop is horrible though.
BLitZKRieG6sic6: Those lyrics you posted are horrible and I much rather listen to rap than drinking blood and everything death metal talks about. I agree with everything that Led Zepplin has said in this thread. Dr. Dre, Eminem, Ice Cube, Bone Thugs N Harmony, 2 Live Crew, etc. all have a lot of talent. Just because they don't play an instrument doesn't mean they are no talent low-lifes (although a lot of rappers are). Rap has inspired me with my bass playing and guitar playing, and that is the main reason I listen to it. As for most of the pop that is out today. It is all pretty much a bunch of crap.

[Edited by metalisbest on 07-23-2003 at 06:56 PM]
# 3
BLitZKRieG6sic6
BLitZKRieG6sic6
07/24/2003 1:11 am
Originally posted by metalisbest
I much rather listen to rap than drinking blood and everything death metal talks about.
[Edited by metalisbest on 07-23-2003 at 06:56 PM]

And this comes from someone whos name is METALisbest...
is this a new form of logic?
Live.Learn.Die.Burn.
# 4
metalisbest
metalisbest
07/24/2003 1:20 am
It isn't DEATHmetalisbest, so don't give me that crap.
# 5
BLitZKRieG6sic6
BLitZKRieG6sic6
07/24/2003 1:28 am
OKAY OKAY! damn man i was just sayin...besides Death Metal is kool
Live.Learn.Die.Burn.
# 6
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
07/24/2003 7:29 am
you can find as many pros and cons for Death meatl as you can find for rap - so where´s the point in this discussion?

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 7
Zeppelin
Zeppelin
07/24/2003 1:02 pm
Originally posted by Azrael
you can find as many pros and cons for Death meatl as you can find for rap - so where´s the point in this discussion?

yep, no point in this one.
i think its the time to close this thread.

"They think im crazy..
but i know better.
It is not I who am crazy.
It is I who am mad.."

ren hoek
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.