Which guitar should I choose?

Inisfail
Inisfail
07/20/2003 10:24 pm
Hello!

I've been playing for over a year now and I am a skilled guitarplayer for only playing for such short time. Now I finally have money and I wonder if I shouldn't but my slef a guitar (the only guitar I've been playing on for so far is one of my friends old strata-copy-whatever). What should I look for and are there anything speciell I must think of. Please, use easy enlgish if you want to answer.

Also, perhaps I should by a moderator too. I had one a month ago, which I had borrowed, but the owner took it back. Anything I need to know about moderators aswell?

Thanx!!!

/Anders

Ps. It can't cost me over 300 euro Ds.
Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?
# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
07/21/2003 3:35 am
After playing for a year, you have some ideas on what kind of guitar pleases you. Trust yourself to know what will work for you. Spend time in many music stores, playing as many different guitars as you can find. You will learn more in this way, about the kind of guitar you seek, than we can teach you here.

"Moderator"? :confused: Is this what we call "an amplifier"? While you are trying guitars in the music shops, you should also try different amplifiers. Some will sound better, to your ears, than others.

To reduce the amount of money you spend on these things, you should look also at used, not new, equipment. Some things that do not look pretty to the eyes, can sound wonderful to the ears.

It is good news to hear of a guitarist who is ready for better equipment. Good luck in your search.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.