galloping

TheTrooper
TheTrooper
07/09/2003 6:03 pm
Hey I just noticed that when I gallop or like speed pick my thumb rubs against the string above. Like if Im playing something on the a string my thumb will rub on top of the e string. Is this ok? Is there some other way I can hold my pick. Is there like a site or something that can help me out? By the way how do you guys hold your pick?
# 1
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
07/10/2003 9:59 pm
That's how people play Pinch Harmonics !!
Anyway , if the way you play sounds normal (no harmonics or wierd noises at the background) , then it's ok.

I hold my pick normaly between index and thumb , leaving about 1/4 of the pick (in terms of length , not volume) exposed , and when I do Pinch Harmonics , I just roll my thumb a little closer and angle the pick so that its pointed edge is slightly looking down.

I never faced the problem of unintentional thumb rubbing the string before , but I think you just need to let a little bit more of the pick exposed ... i.e. You probably hold your pick with your thumb too close to the pointed edge.

Be carefull not to have your thumb too far , so you don't get problems with your P.H. technique.
# 2
u10ajf
u10ajf
07/11/2003 3:12 pm
I play pinches like that too. I love em.
If I couldn't laugh at myself how could I laugh at someone less ridiculous?
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.