The Next Big Thing??????

METAL MIKE
METAL MIKE
06/05/2003 3:05 am
Can anyone guess what the next big thing is. new guitar amp? new fx , new guitar ,ect.. so i guess what im saying is. What is going to be popular??? in the year to come.
"To bang ,or not to bang your head"
# 1
hairbndrckr
hairbndrckr
06/05/2003 3:52 am
This is: :)

Seymour Duncans, Original Floyd, Killer holoflash paint. Need I say more?
http://www.vh-guitarstore.com
So. If you throw a cat out of a car window, is it considered "kitty litter"?
# 2
theeshredder
theeshredder
06/05/2003 10:50 pm
well im making some new effect pedal its going to be nig i tell ya it a wah pedal with a whammy type effect on it and a lil delay it will be done in about a week and ive got a patent pending so dont try to take credit for it ppl when its done ill put an audio track of it on the site
"to shred or not to shred that is thee question"
# 3
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
06/10/2003 5:39 am
The next big thing is my guitar when its finished! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :D

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 4
cyberman
cyberman
06/10/2003 10:41 pm
Personally, I think Vigier(www.vigierguitars.com)'s take on a Schaller Floyd Rose's gonna be the next big thing. Instead of using knife edges to pivot on--like everybody else does--this tremolo uses a ball bearing system which never wears out! Great for all of us EXTREME whammyers who, in the past've had to resort to having our Floyd's knife edges resharpened every few months or so. I'm not too good on posting pics on here (i.e. I don't know how to do it), but I'll leave a link to a pic of it as well as the link to Salwender International (www.salwender.com) who're the North American distributors for these trems. Okay, you can check out an enlarged pic of it at http://www.vigierguitars.com/GCatalog/GIcata/VE6Tre.jpg

Needless to say, they come in either black or chrome (Sorry, no gold. Rats!) & cost around $220 w/out the locking nut & $250 with the locking nut. Anywho, just thought I'd pass this one along. Laters! :)

[Edited by cyberman on 06-10-2003 at 05:44 PM]
Sincerely,

Van Miller

Birmingham, Alabama USA

# 5
joshdean52
joshdean52
06/12/2003 11:20 pm
The next huge guitar will be the Jackson Soloist. It has Floyd Rose's new trem bridge, but I don't remember what it's called. It's really weird, though. The headstock doesn't have any tuners, and you put the strings on backwards, the bottom goes at the nut. It's strange to look at at first, with no tuners, but it looks like a really nice guitar, and I think it will be a big hit when it comes out.
"Thank God for the power chord!!!"
-Sting
# 6
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
06/12/2003 11:51 pm
joshdean52 - I have a Jackson soloist , and it's not what you're talking about ... Go http://www.jacksonguitars.com and check 'em out.
The head-less guitar you saw is probably a "Steinberger" (I haven't seen any other company making copies of those) , they're actualy cool guitars for playability and realy under-rated , but they look horrible (too small for an adult guy to wear).

BTW, these ain't new , they were fist invented in the late 70's and actualy Eddie Van Halen played them for a while.
# 7
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
06/13/2003 12:29 am
I think he means the new (big booming voice) FLOYD ROSE SPEED LOADER!(lol)I know the new b.c rich nj virgin has it...I actually want one now.
The stien's and honer's have a similar thing.
but the new floyd is being set up on existing guitar models without change to the body..so the headstock has no tuning machines..looks pretty slick(the bridge itself is sexy)anyway...check it out.That just might really be the next big thing!
Try once,fail twice...
# 8
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
06/13/2003 12:46 am
chucklivesoninmyheart - I saw these "FLOYD ROSE SPEED LOADER" at their site few weeks ago , and as I understood , there are no tuners , and the strings are cut in specific lengths (and gauges of course) to give the tension of the specific tuning when loaded , leaving you to ONLY handle the fine tuning from the bridge as on a normal floyd ... which means that you can't change the tunning without changing the strings .
Are they going to make half step down set, drop D set , Whole step down set, etc.etc.etc. ??

Donno , but it doesn't seem practical for me .
# 9
hairbndrckr
hairbndrckr
06/13/2003 12:48 am
You can change tunings on them, they said so on the site, but I have no idea how. I was wondering that myself...
# 10
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
06/13/2003 12:53 am
Who cares anyway? If it gets famous , we'll surely know about that. ;)
# 11
hairbndrckr
hairbndrckr
06/13/2003 12:56 am
I looked it up being the geek I am :) Oh also they will start selling the bridges on the floydrose.com website soon
anyway here is what they say:

"The Speed Loader Bridge and Speed Loader Strings were designed, in part, to eliminate the need for traditional tuning keys and thereby allow for extremely fast string changes. With that goal in mind Speed Loader Bridges normally come on guitars adjusted to accomplish rapid string changes at standard pitch. However if you wish to change the original setup of the fine tuners to accommodate drop tuning, open tuning, or just want to re-adjust the position or range of the fine tuner screws, the following is the correct procedure..."

Only thing I see is if you wanna use the bridge in a dropped tuning application, it looks like you would have to dedicate that guitar to just that setting, unlike the D-tuna.

# 12
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
06/13/2003 1:02 am
I see , now it seems cool , but I still like the old way ... old is gold , yea ?

LOL
# 13
theeshredder
theeshredder
06/14/2003 2:05 am
you wold be able to tune from standard e tuning to drop d easyily.i always do that on my floyd rose,all you need to do is when you put you strings on tune them all to standard.then the six string losin the fine tune as much as you can then tune it to d and if you wanna tune back to standard just tightin the fine tune and your back on e i never have to unlock my nut to do that.
"to shred or not to shred that is thee question"
# 14
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
06/15/2003 7:49 pm
I dont think you get them in the Usa much. But Cort guitars I find to be quite nice. They tend to be affordable ( but in USA a helluva lot more than anywhere else, dunno why ) I own a cort and also a Gibson Lp and i`ll tell you know, the Cort cost a 7th of the price and is just as nice a guitar...but obviously not the same sound...the one I have has more of a superstrat sound...as it has two single coils and a humbucker, but the shape is not strat like.
I dont think they will be the next big thing, but here, kids are already taking a liking to them because of their good quality and great prices.
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 15

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.