We need to revolutionize a new trick/uprage something (and we need your help!)

frettycrouger
frettycrouger
06/03/2003 2:46 am
Many guitarists over the years have expanded the guitar and revolutionized it completely. Their names go down in the history books as well respected guitarists for what they contributed.

People...
There has got to be something more. What is the next step we can take with the guitar? What is a new trick we could pull of with the guitar? There has to be something out there and i challenge all of you to help me in the fight to figure our a new trick/way of playing.

Think of people like Eddie...look what he did to the guitar. He is the reason (as far as i know) that tremelo's could be bent both ways *high and low*...and humbuckers and stuff are available. The lock system....everything.

We have got to be able to expand...or try new tricks...

What do you think we could do? :)
Pray for Jason Becker
# 1
Ego
Ego
06/03/2003 3:48 pm
try this

http://www.station185.com/kronoson/kronosonic/lessons/BLUEPRINTS.pdf

and many guitarists who revolutionize the guitar go down in history as lost, forgotten, and obscure.
# 2
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
06/04/2003 1:32 am
May be there's nothing REAL left to explore , and that might be the reason that most of today's guitar music su*k .

Sorry, that sounded very pessimistic but I think it made some sense ...?

As for funny showing off tricks , I managed to play that easy lick from "The Man Who Sold The World" with my toe (leg's thumb) .
Also tongue harmonics looks cool ... some people start drooling when I do that one.

I think we need a new revolutionary tool (like the Floyd Rose, or Distortion effect at their times) to creat real tricks that are usefull for playing and sound unique (i.e. P.H. , Tapping , Dive Bombs , etc.) ... I hardly believe that something revolutionary would just jump in , but who knows ?!
# 3
theeshredder
theeshredder
06/04/2003 8:48 am
could someone fill me in on tongue tapping im not familiar with that trick
"to shred or not to shred that is thee question"
# 4
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
06/04/2003 5:08 pm
I think aiwass just ment to fret with your tongue ... I think that it should be easier on light gauge strings like 8's or something .
Gotta develope stronger tongue attack to tap ... It could hurt your tongue anyway , & I don't believe that you can build calluses on your tongue ! :p
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.