The Line6 Variax

stratgod
stratgod
05/29/2003 5:47 pm
Now i'm sure all all/most of you have heard of those effects maestro's Line 6 and the POD, Flextone etc. and all of their various modelling stuff. But what do you all make of the Variax, a load of different guitars ranging from Vintage Fenders to Gibsons to Martin acoustics to a banjo?
By the looks of things this is definately the way forward, all of these guitars in one and for just under £800-ish. For one thing, it definately beats buying an array of vintage and new instruments for monsterous amounts of cash when at the flick of a switch you can change from a jangly 12-string to rocky Les Paul to fender Tele Thinline. How long would it take to try and find the right sound that would suit your needs with the wide variety of axes at your disposal? But personally all this being a great idea an all it kind of ruins the fun of going into a music shop and selecting your own 'special' guitar whether it be a vintage guitar or brand new one and messing around trying to get 'that' sound. I don't know....I'm happy with my Fender USA Texas Strat, Mex Tele and APX5A acoustic- all a grown man needs(minus the Les Paul, Ricky, PRS, Martin, Vintage Fender........:)

And was it just me or is a certain Mr Page playing one on Zeps new DVD live footage...

Anyway, I haven't seen many(if any) posts regarding this new technology so I'd thought i'd make a start. Thank you for listening, oh and for my other post in the musicians life forum regarding the bass player the band made a decision to get in the reliable guy and we are halfway to getting a few gigs booked in the South West of England.
"When I was a kid,all I wanted was a red electric guitar.It had to be red,because of Hank and his magical sound." Mark Knopfler on Hank Marvin.
# 1
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/29/2003 6:21 pm
Check out:
http://www.guitartricks.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=5109

I think it is butt ugly but I may get one any way, well after I have that Les Paul, Focusright mic Pre, autotune, Wave gold, Puthrrruuuuup (pardies GAS attack !)) etc etc...

So much Kit so little time .......
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 2
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/30/2003 12:09 am
Hummmm !

[Edited by Dr_simon on 05-29-2003 at 07:24 PM]
# 3
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/30/2003 12:24 am
Originally posted by PonyOne
or hook a Pod up to a cheap cabinet

Have you ever played through a Pod, this is not how they work !!!!

You can plug them into the front of an amp but they are at there best (IMHO) going direct into a desk.

On the strength of the pod (Pro) which is the single best bit of kit I have, and for that, have ever owned in 20 years of playing the guitar (that is a lot of different axes and amps kids !!!) I am more inclined to give the Variax a go

Don’t knock it till you've tried it !

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.