Metallicas neverending struggle...

Josh Redstone
Josh Redstone
06/14/2003 9:10 pm
Metallica are not billionairs. (Though I would still love to have their money! :) )
And God said, 'Let there be rock!'
-And it was good
# 1
metalisbest
metalisbest
06/14/2003 9:13 pm
Originally posted by Josh Redstone
Metallica are not billionairs. (Though I would still love to have their money! :) )

I figured that, I just said to put and emphasis on that they are well off.
# 2
Josh Redstone
Josh Redstone
06/14/2003 11:27 pm
Yeah.
And God said, 'Let there be rock!'
-And it was good
# 3
hairbndrckr
hairbndrckr
06/16/2003 4:03 am
I read this off my local radio station site, of course this just adds to the Metallica music stealing paranoia, but now it's about other musicians...
I couldn't help but laugh hysterically about this one...

"Metallica guitarist Kirk Hammett suspects that Limp Bizkit postponed the release of their next album so that they can make it sound more like Metallica's St. Anger. Hammett tells Holland's Rockezine-dot-net, "Lars [Ulrich] played Fred Durst four songs off our new album, and the next week, Fred Durst postponed the release of the new Limp Bizkit album and started rewriting it... Did he postpone it because he wasn't satisfied with it, or did he postpone it because he heard our direction and wanted to be contemporary with it?" The two bands will hook up for the Summer Sanitarium tour, which kicks off on July 4th in Pontiac, Michigan."

Not to mention this is only going to fuel the fire when they go on tour together this summer

So. If you throw a cat out of a car window, is it considered "kitty litter"?
# 4
TheTrooper
TheTrooper
06/16/2003 5:17 am
That Kirk Hammet character is really a little bitch now. I mean what happened to him didn't he used to be all about the music not the money. Aboutwhat you said, I dont know why Limp BIzkit would want to steal metallica's new sound, It sucks. Are they just trying to get worse and worse. It went from hardcore ( which still sucked) to crappy metal, then to rap/something not worthy of being called music, and finally techo music at least I think it was techno. Whats wrong with music today. It's like after the 80's ended music has sucked. Screw todays sound of music its all about the 80's!!!
# 5
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
06/16/2003 1:47 pm
Speaking of Metallica, I heard a hilarious commercial on the local alternative station here.

It was like something about winning a backstage pass with Metallica or something and they said something like, "Let's listen in on Metallica back stage now."

"James is preparing his new material." Fake James Voice: "I like green eggs and ham ahhh, Sam I am ahhh." And then Fake Kirk Hammett voice: "I forgot how to solo, my fingers hurt."

Then the best part of all: Fake Lars voice: "Yeah I've really switched around my drum set, Hey James let's go to Home Depot and see what they have for snare drums."

I was laughing so hard I almost wet myself. Very funny stuff. I'll try to find a copy of the commercial.
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 6
kingdavid
kingdavid
06/17/2003 2:03 pm
Originally posted by PonyOne
...if so it just proves how inept a musician he really is...

Well,
"freeze in and freeze out...
back up/out?....
nyenye nye nye nye nye...."

Did you say musician?:D
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.